Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I mark a part of my work as not finished

Hello,

I tried hard to find the answer for my newbie questions, because I don't want to borrow you which such a stupid question, but I was not able to find a proper answer. Maybe because I was not able to ask the right question ;-)

So, when I'm writing a longer document I normally starts with creating the structure, so that I'm already able to set references and so on. Then I'm start writing the first chapter and as soon as I come to a reference, I'm jumping to this section and add at least a short note what should be explained here. During this process I'm creating a lot of unfinished parts here and their. If I'm working in Pages, I will just add a comment "has to be finalised". From time to time I'm working thru all the comments so that I don't forget to finalise all bits and peaces without scanning thru the whole documents.

When I got it right, iBook Author don't have this kind of comments, for what reason ever. How can I archive this kind of workflow or is their any other iBook Author workflow which is appropriate?

Thanks

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 8:07 AM

2 replies

Sep 27, 2015 12:09 PM in response to thormar

so i think i understand what you want to do. i do not use iba pages much for content, so i solve this problem differently for my books.

but here is a solution that i think would work for you. find or purchase a graphic of a post it note. they come in all colors if you want to use the color to differentiate the notes somehow. drop the graphic onto the page (whatever type it might be). you can include a note on the post it note by using a text box, as you would be it were a physical real one.

in thumbnail view, you can see these notes.

another alternative is to put a unique reminder graphic on the iba page that you want to contain the reminder note. make it a pop up and put your text there.

i'm not sure if one is better than the other. perhaps someone else can think of a better way.

How can I mark a part of my work as not finished

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.