Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No voice for Apple maps or Siri after IOS 9 update. Help!

I have no voice navigation for Apple maps, or voice for Siri since I did the IOS 9 update. Any suggestions? I have to use Google maps now because theres no point in using Apple maps with no voice navigation. I have a 5s 64 gig.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 7:56 AM

Hi, Be kind to animals.

I understand Siri is not functioning as expected and see you are unable to use Turn-by-turn navigation. Could you make sure that Voice Volume is enabled in Settings > Maps? If this is enabled, take a look at some of the troubleshooting steps in the attached articles below.

Use Maps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2015 7:56 AM in response to Be kind to animals

Hi, Be kind to animals.

I understand Siri is not functioning as expected and see you are unable to use Turn-by-turn navigation. Could you make sure that Voice Volume is enabled in Settings > Maps? If this is enabled, take a look at some of the troubleshooting steps in the attached articles below.

Use Maps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

Oct 10, 2015 5:18 AM in response to jason269

I've read all the replies and searched the web for the solutions and everyone says the same thing. It is not the mute button or the settings (as I don't touch those and it was working just fine before the update). 9.01 -- siri was working now with 9.02 siri works but with no voice at all.

What is the solution for this -- Does apple already have a solution? I travel all the time so I need both these as I use them quite frequently. Any other ideas?

Oct 18, 2015 5:41 AM in response to leopodip4

Now it won't let me turn off Find my Iphone app -- my password is correct, I log on to everything else but it states it cannot log onto icloud (when I log onto it from the web to verify)....

can't even restore -- which by the way, it is retoring Iphone or it is restoring from backup?

Oct 18, 2015 7:00 AM in response to Briansyddall

Thanks but again, this has nothing to do with ANY settings. Siri is on, volume is on, there is nothing wrong with any other settings. There is just no volume at all and google maps navigation does not work since IOS 9.02.

Thanks anyway.

Oct 23, 2015 6:10 AM in response to Be kind to animals

Thanks. That DID work (finally)... restoring my phone was a nightmare as it reset everything.

STILL -- having issue where the phone will not vibrate (it's set to "on")

AND now my imessage isn't working... looking it up on web now..

No voice for Apple maps or Siri after IOS 9 update. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.