Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather widgets stopped working

Recently Dashboard process was hogging lots of memory. I browsed this forum as well as other forums and followed suggestions to Force Quite it. After doing that and removing troubled memory consuming widgets (not saying this is the reason, just recalling my last actions before the issue occurred) I tried to re-add weather ones that displayed weather in chosen locations and can't add any location: when I select the wether widget it appears in Dashboard with the default "Cupertino". Whenever I click Info and start entering the name of location I need to show weather in I get "Validating..." message beneath the location field and a pop-up window shows up telling me that "no such city found". I trashed all weather-widget.plists, cleared dashboard cache - to no avails. How do I re-enable it working as it used to?

Hardware and OS X version are as indicated at the bottom.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Mac OS X (10.7.5), MacBook Pro 15.4 mid-2012

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 9:41 AM

2 replies

Sep 28, 2015 2:21 PM in response to scrutinizer82

Anyone on this forum with ideas on how to fix?

Some iPhoto 9 and earlier (of iLife'11 and earlier) users have already figured that the broken Maps feature was the result of unannounced expiration of Google-Apple deal. The issue wasn't addressed by Apple officially at all. Ok, we swallowed that.

Now, the same happens with a widget requiring another holder of the data base, Yahoo this time. Coincidence or...what?

Weather widgets stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.