Related Article: Make purchases using Apple Pay

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay verification problems

Hi! I am trying to add my card to Apple Pay, and when I get to the verification process, I have the option to only pick 'text verification'; however, i am unable to get the text. Is there anyway I can get the email verification option, as currently I am unable to choose it?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 1:24 AM

Hi Jeff

If a card issuer has chosen to require verification, they can approve your card whenever they are satisfied that the process has been completed. Whether or not a verification code is required - either at all or in conjunction with any other verification method - is at their discretion.

3 replies

Sep 27, 2015 11:27 AM in response to jobileni

Hi

The verification process for Apple Pay is handled by your card issuer. Text message verification involves the issuer sending a message to the mobile / cell phone number that they have on record for you. If you are not receiving the text message, check and update the card issuer's records.

If you call your card issuer (rather than, for example, updating your contact details online), they may also be able to offer verification by phone instead.

Nov 21, 2015 4:58 PM in response to Jonathan UK

If you go the verification by phone route with the card issuer, how does the verification process get completed? When I used this method I was not asked for a verification code on the phone. Does the credit card issuer just complete the process?

FYI the two phone numbers that Apple Pay asked me to verify my account with are six years old. They are no longer associated with my credit card account or on my Apple account so I don't know why they are asking to use two old numbers that I used when I lived somewhere else.

Jeff

Apple Pay verification problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.