Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Colours screwed up

It looks like if I were to print out a picture and spill water all over it. All pictures look blurry and runny, can't get rid of dropshadow even with use of shadowkiller.

Shadows are a sickly green colour and are awfully pixellated.

PLEASE tell me there's a fix for this, it's disgusting.

User uploaded file

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 10:17 AM

1 reply

Sep 27, 2015 10:40 AM in response to Robi0571

Your screenshots look normal, as far as I can tell, which means that there's a hardware fault in the display.

Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider. You may have to leave the machine there for several days.

Back up all data on the internal drive(s) before you hand over your computer to anyone. There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional—ask if you need guidance.

If privacy is a concern, erase the data partition(s) with the option to write zeros* (do this only if you have at least two complete, independent backups, and you know how to restore to an empty drive from any of them.) Don’t erase the recovery partition, if present.

Keeping your confidential data secure during hardware repair

Apple also recommends that you deauthorize a device in the iTunes Store before having it serviced.

*An SSD doesn't need to be zeroed.

Colours screwed up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.