Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4k uploads from iPhone 6s

does anyone know how to export 4k video from my iPhone 6s? i can't find a way of doing it. I've tried to upload directly to youtube but the max is 1080p.

i mean whats the point of having 4k if there isn't a way to upload it easy from the phone, your average joe doesn't have final cut pro but they might have a 4k smart tv like me and can watch it via the youtube app on the tv.

any ideas?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 12:28 PM

2 replies

Oct 14, 2015 6:45 PM in response to Steveohim

iphone 6s can export 4k video from iMovie. I found out some iphone 6s users like me had an updating bug, where even though it updated in the appstore and said version 2.2, which is the most current version, it didn't actually update.

The fix is too just delete iMovie completely from your device and re-install it to your device.

Now you should be able to export any 4k video from iMovie. Create any video project in iMovie, whether or not you do any video editing on your video, and you can export the project(video) to youtube in 4k and any other app that supports 4k, or you can just save it to your phone in 4k.

Hope this helps.

4k uploads from iPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.