Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message " no sim card is installed" after having installed ios 9 in iphone5i

I Installed ios 9.1 in iphone5 and got message that no card sim is istalled

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 1:10 PM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2015 1:05 PM in response to eleni139

eleni139 - I too installed iOS 9 / 9.0.2 on my iPhone 5 and I got the same message - "No sim card is installed". Were you able to find out the cause of this? For me this message didn't immediately happen right after the install. It just happened randomly a few days after the install and again today. After rebooting the phone, the cellular carrier does comes back on but what's causing this!?!

I never had this message before with any of the previously installed iOS versions. Ironically I got this same message at the same location so far - Starbucks! I can't say it's anymore than a coincidence right now since I have been to this location many other times in between without a problem. In any event, I went into "Settings" and then "Apps and iTunes Store" and turned off the "Suggested Apps" near my location switch, just in case there's a bug with location services causing the sim card to not responding. Other than that, I can figure out what's causing this.

Message " no sim card is installed" after having installed ios 9 in iphone5i

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.