Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music stops when camera opened

Iphone 6s Plus running latest iOS 9 update.

If I am running any app that plays music--apple music, amazon music player, whatever--the second I open the camera the music stops playing.

This did not happen on my old iPhone 6 running iOS 8.

Any ideas on how to make this annoying behavior stop?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 7:32 AM

I was having the same issue. There is another thread that addresses this, but to save you the trouble, basically, the new live photos are seen as videos when it comes to music and audio playback so it stops once a 'video' is about to be recorded just like before.

The bug seems to be that even when you switch off Live Photos, your music still stops.. this is a 'camera app' problem. There is no fix at the moment, but I would recommend downloading another camera app that will sync to your camera roll. I opted for the free Vsco cam app, but there are other paid options with different benefits too. For me it's a temporary solution, so I didn't want to spend any money.

Good luck!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2015 7:32 AM in response to Adam Wolkoff

I was having the same issue. There is another thread that addresses this, but to save you the trouble, basically, the new live photos are seen as videos when it comes to music and audio playback so it stops once a 'video' is about to be recorded just like before.

The bug seems to be that even when you switch off Live Photos, your music still stops.. this is a 'camera app' problem. There is no fix at the moment, but I would recommend downloading another camera app that will sync to your camera roll. I opted for the free Vsco cam app, but there are other paid options with different benefits too. For me it's a temporary solution, so I didn't want to spend any money.

Good luck!

music stops when camera opened

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.