Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Purchase iTunes Content

Beginning yesterday, I'm unable to purchase any content from the iTunes store on my Windows 10 PC. When I click on the purchase button, the button briefly turns gray and iTunes flashes the message "Accessing iTunes Store", but nothing happens. I don't receive any error message. It's as if my purchase isn't registering on the Apple servers. This happens regardless of the type of content I attempt to purchase. I can make purchases from my iPhone or iPad, but I can't download those purchases to my computer.

I have tried signing out and signing back into iTunes repeatedly. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes. I contacted Apple Support and they told me to wait 24 hours and see if the problem persists; they will then call me again. I'm posting here in the hope that others might have ideas. This is getting to be frustrating.

Here are the results of the iTunes diagnostic:

Microsoft Windows 10.0 x64 Home Premium Edition (Build 9200)

ASUS All Series

iTunes 12.3.0.44

QuickTime not available

FairPlay 2.9.7

Apple Application Support 4.0.3

iPod Updater Library 12.0

CD Driver 2.2.3.0

CD Driver DLL 2.1.3.1

Apple Mobile Device 9.0.0.26

Apple Mobile Device Driver 1.67.0.0

Bonjour 3.1.0.1 (333.18)

Gracenote SDK 3.06.1.3084

Gracenote MusicID 3.06.1.3084

Gracenote Submit 3.06.1.3084

Gracenote DSP 3.06.1.3084

iCloud for Windows 4.1.1.53

iTunes Serial Number 00000088F42D4F1C

Current user is not an administrator.

The current local date and time is 2015-09-27 15:59:53.

iTunes is not running in safe mode.

WebKit accelerated compositing is enabled.

HDCP is supported.

Core Media is supported.

**** External Plug-ins Information ****

No external plug-ins installed.

iPodService 12.3.0.44 (x64) is currently running.

iTunesHelper 12.3.0.44 is currently running.

Apple Mobile Device Service service 3.3.0.0 is currently running.

**** Network Connectivity Tests ****

Network Adapter Information

Adapter Name: {404B0BFE-A924-4276-8761-ABB6517979AD}

Description: TAP-Windows Adapter V9

IP Address: 0.0.0.0

Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0

Default Gateway: 0.0.0.0

DHCP Enabled: Yes

DHCP Server:

Lease Obtained: Wed Dec 31 18:00:00 1969

Lease Expires: Wed Dec 31 18:00:00 1969

DNS Servers:

Adapter Name: {02823AE6-D2CB-48EF-ABE8-0BC50FB01F3D}

Description: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

IP Address: 192.168.1.160

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

DHCP Enabled: No

DHCP Server:

Lease Obtained: Wed Dec 31 18:00:00 1969

Lease Expires: Wed Dec 31 18:00:00 1969

DNS Servers: 208.67.222.222

Active Connection: LAN Connection

Connected: Yes

Online: Yes

Using Modem: No

Using LAN: Yes

Using Proxy: No

Firewall Information

Windows Firewall is off.

Connection attempt to Apple web site was successful.

Connection attempt to browsing iTunes Store was successful.

Connection attempt to purchasing from iTunes Store was successful.

Connection attempt to iPhone activation server was successful.

Connection attempt to firmware update server was successful.

Connection attempt to Gracenote server was successful.

Last successful iTunes Store access was 2015-09-27 15:59:20.

Thanks for your help.

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 2:04 PM

10 replies

Oct 5, 2015 4:06 PM in response to MCSiegel19

I'm getting the exact same thing. I contacted support, but they weren't able to help, or even do any diagnosis, look on their side to see if anything was wrong. I might as well have been talking to Siri. They need some actual technical support capability, not just an untrained person with the instructions to "Try rebooting your computer", "try a full uninstall and a reinstall". Which of course I did with no result other than I had to deathorise all my computers, and then I struggled for another half an hour to reauthorize this PC again before I could watch anything. I'm kind of tired of their application. I wish iTunes would join the 21st century and just have their store as a web site. Then I could have more than one tab open at a time, not have to put up with a circa 1980 user interface.

You'd think their customers not being able to make purchases would kind of be important to them.

Oct 7, 2015 6:03 PM in response to Teiws

I'm using windows defender, plus local firewall, plus standard router firewall.

I'm trying to purchase TV shows, using a $$ gift card balance, and I also have some annoying unused unwanted song credits that give a warning each time I try make a purchase (they have always done this though) - if any of these circumstances are related.

Nothing has changed on my side though. It was working, then v12, and it isn't working. I'm sure the issue is on their side, just like the wishlist that disappeared a week or so ago (as also noted on the forums) and then just showed up again finally.

Oct 8, 2015 4:08 PM in response to Michael Oberhardt

I am having the same issue. I have done everything I can find on fixing this problem but nothing works, not even on Admin. It feels like this problem is not recognized by Apple that the issue is on their end. I have season passes and when I click on Available Downloads it says I have them all but I do not. I'm venting now... I stuck with iTunes/Apple because of all the devises I own. As my kids buy Samsung or other tablets maybe its time to join them. The customer services is poor so why continue to be loyal. I am forced to wait this issue out until Apple recognizes this is an issue, I really do not like this.

Oct 8, 2015 4:11 PM in response to rrb075

I can't understand why people praise them so much for their customer service. I've had nothing but bad experience after bad experience, hardware and software. Maybe I'm just unlucky. But for goodness sake, the iTunes application has always been an old fashioned abomination with just a pretty skin on it, and they really should just make the store a web site.

Oct 11, 2015 10:41 AM in response to MCSiegel19

I don't know if you able to get this resolved but I was having the same problem. As of now I was able to solve this by doing the following.

Right clicked on the shortcut and clicked properties.

Under the compatibility tab, I set the compatibility mode to be Windows 7 and ensured the "Run this program as an administrator" was checked.

After launching iTunes, I was able to download content that I had purchased from my iPhone. I tested out renting a movie and the purchase was successful. Hope this helps anyone else with this problem.

Oct 12, 2015 7:45 PM in response to alexjames44

Didn't work for me.

I think I have found what is causing it, at least for me. I installed itunes on a clean virtual machine, and logged in. I tried a purchase on this, and actually got a new message - one complaining about my billing credit card (even though I have plenty of $ credit). So it took me to my billing details page, and I had to re-enter my credit card expiry and CVV code. Then it started working for my original computer.

Unable to Purchase iTunes Content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.