Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps Not Working in iOS 9

Is this a known issue? Apple Maps on my iPhone 6 has stopped working in iOS 9. I tried restoring my phone, that didn't work. I tried erasing all content and settings and setup as a new phone, and that didn't work. I installed the public beta of 9.1 and that didn't work. Location services are on and it doesn't work on either cellular or WIFI.

The app loads but doesn't download any map data (so it basically just shows an empty grid). Google maps works without a problem. Any thoughts on a fix?

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 9:42 PM

Mine is still broken on 9.0.1... maybe a server-side issue?

23 replies

Oct 1, 2015 7:03 PM in response to Shaxxs

The following steps resolved my problem (iPhone 5, IOS 9.0.2):

1) Under Automatically Back Up in iTunes, select This computer, and under Manually Back Up and Restore, select Back Up Now to back up iPhone to computer (probably could back up to iCloud, but I chose computer.) Then,

2) In iTunes, select Restore iPhone, and set up as New phone when prompted. Then,

3) In iTunes, select Restore Backup. Then,

4) In iTunes, select Sync, to sync iPhone.

Apple Maps function was fully restored, with no loss of apps, data, or settings.

Disclaimer: This is my best recollection. Please let me know if it works for you.

Oct 3, 2015 9:45 PM in response to RyanWorrell

Some people are still having this issue with 9.0.2.

Please note my solution, which I will repeat below:

The following steps resolved my problem (iPhone 5, IOS 9.0.2):

1) Under Automatically Back Up in iTunes, select This computer, and under Manually Back Up and Restore, select Back Up Now to back up iPhone to computer (probably could back up to iCloud, but I chose computer.) Then,

2) In iTunes, select Restore iPhone, and set up as New phone when prompted. Then,

3) In iTunes, select Restore Backup. Then,

4) In iTunes, select Sync, to sync iPhone.

Apple Maps function was fully restored, with no loss of apps, data, or settings.

Disclaimer: This is my best recollection. Please let me know if it works for you.

Apple Maps Not Working in iOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.