Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mainstage 3.2.1 Issues with Aliases !!

When I create alias patch and that I assign the buttons with this new patch (map assignments) with my controller, I save the concert on my Mac, and all is functional .

But when I reload this concert, the map I have created disappears!!!

This is only when I create aliases of the patchs !!

This only appears on version 3.2.1 !!

What a bug !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😠

Mac mini (Late 2012)

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 11:33 PM

7 replies

Sep 30, 2015 5:02 PM in response to rc tech

Just to be clear I was a little bit confused since you said "(map assignments)" are you having problems creating mappings (from screen controls to plugin parameters) or assignments (from external hardware to screen controls). Also MainStage doesn't ever make aliases of the patch, only aliases of channel strips. If you copy a patch and paste as alias, it creates a new patch where all of the channels in it are aliases to the channels in the original patch, but the patch itself is a new patch (and you can create normal channel strips in it or delete aliases or whatever).

Sep 30, 2015 9:15 PM in response to rc tech

Ok and thank you for your answer.

My English is very poor and I apologies for that !!

Now test this :

Make a new concert from scratch , make a patch with two or three or four virtual instruments with the buttons , faders ( volumes sends eq comp etc etc etc....) ....assigned to the channels strips of this instruments and mapped to your midi controller

Now make an alias of this patch and make different adjustments of the same buttons and faders assigned to the channel strips.

Ok , this is fun and you can save the concert on your Mac and it is very functional , right ??

Now, quit MainStage and reopen it , and load the concert you have saved.

Bingo !!!! The mappings of the first patch are OK but the mappings of the alias are disappear !!!!! If you have changed the names of the mappings or the values or others settings, they are not reloaded and are not functional at all !!! This is a very large BUG!!!!!

I hope you can understand my explanations !!

Oct 13, 2015 12:38 PM in response to pabucater

I also had this issue after upgrade. I have a concert, that worked really nice before updating Mainstage with a lot of patches and mappings. Now this bug appears already at this time, when i only save the concerts without doing any changes in my concerts. When I reopen the concert, Mainstage will change the mappings of several patches/channel-strips. So I can't change anything in my concert at this time, because when I save and reopen it, 2/3 of my concert is not playable anymore. That's a great crap!

Mainstage 3.2.1 Issues with Aliases !!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.