Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod classic error 1437 on restore

My ipod classic has worked fine for several years. But since I installed the latest itunes update, it will not sync. When I connect via USB, itunes will see the device, but then puts up an error saying the device isn't recognized. If I try a restore, I get error 1437. Is this a problem with the latest itunes update? or a hardware problem? I am using Windows 7. Once I have this error, I can eject the ipod drive, and from that point on, every time I plug in the ipod with usb, my computer just acts like it is a flash drive and puts up a window asking if I want to open windows explorer. Itunes from that point on doesn't even react. If I reboot my computer, I can go through the same sequence again, but itunes simply won't sync or recognize my ipod.

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 10:01 PM

1 reply

ipod classic error 1437 on restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.