Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 iSO 9.01 Bluetooth not working

I have Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth device that I use in the car with my iPhone. It worked really well before I updated to the latest iOS9.0 and iOS 9.01 hasn't fixed the issue. Does anyone else have problems with Bluetooth and pairing it. I deleted the device and tried to reconnect it but it doesn't seem to work any more. Any feedback would be great. Thanks,

sole

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.1, bluetooth

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 12:45 AM

9 replies

Oct 2, 2015 6:33 PM in response to sole_man

Iphone 5 updated to iOS 9.0.1, Bluetooth in our 2011 Lexus, 2010 Toyota pickup and 2014 Chevrolet indicate phone call in progress as soon as connect to my phone. Went into IPhone and forgot all Bluetooth connections. Will not even connect to Chevrolet. Reconnected to Lexus and Toyota, but still get the phone call in progress as soon as phone connects. Phone does not show anything. if I was only having problems with one of my cars, wouldn't bother me as much, but all three, come on Apple. Luckily I told my wife to wait on update.

Jan 30, 2016 1:01 PM in response to sole_man

Had the same problem with my btc450 and iPhone 6. With my old phone the Bluetooth showed up automatically, but apparently with the new iOS you need to take an additional step. Hold the button on the receiver down for 3-4 seconds until the light flashes red. This activates pairing mode, and it will be discoverable by your phone!!! Oddly enough, when I selected btc450 on my phone it said "pairing unsuccessful" but it works!!!

Jan 31, 2016 6:36 AM in response to TPreziosi

Hi TPreziosi,

It is the automatic connection that is the issue. I also drive a work vehicle, as soon as I enter the vehicle and it is turned, the phone automatically connects and I can stream music or answer calls however with the iSO 9 updates, this functionality is not working with BTC450. We shouldn't have to hold the button and look for it in your Bluetooth menu, it should automatically connect. That is what we paid for... well at least I did when i bought both devices.

Feb 6, 2016 8:21 AM in response to sole_man

We might not be having exactly the same problem. My phone would never find the device to begin with. Every time I would sit in the car, looking in the bluetooth settings, it would just keep searching for devices and find nothing. Once I activated the pairing mode (as you did above), it showed up on my phone and I clicked pair. That solved my problem and it now automatically connects.

Maybe try deleting the device from your phone, then getting into the car, switch it to pairing mode, and pair it then?

iPhone 6 iSO 9.01 Bluetooth not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.