Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Convert XAVC to ProRes for Edit in FCP 7 with OS 10.6.8

I shot XAVC footage today and I need to convert it to ProRes 422 to edit in FCP 7. I have tried a few of the systems to download that are offered free online, but for various reasons they don't work. Most want you to have either a higher OS or FCP X. I would like to use trial software but also I want to be sure that it doesn't cut off my footage after 5 minutes -- I noticed some say that they do that. Can someone help me?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 2:49 AM

1 reply

Sep 28, 2015 9:32 AM in response to MollyDB

Sorry, but you are shooting a very new format, and the only way to deal with that new format is with current tools, and most if not all of those current tools require a more current OS. if not 10.10, then 10.9.5. I know that FCP 7 won't import this footage....and the converter I use is called EditReady, by divergentmedia.com. That requires 10.9.5 at least.

So what you'll need to do is install another hard drive, or partition your existing drive, and install a more current OS, and then one of those converter applications specifically for converting....and then bring the media over to your older OS and FCP 7.

IMHO

Convert XAVC to ProRes for Edit in FCP 7 with OS 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.