Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Save website on Safari for offline viewing on Windows

Hi All:

I work in an environment where we have down time. I have a computer but don't have internet access. I often PDF news articles and other material to read. I can email it to my company email or can use a USB drive.

I was trying to find the ability to save some Facebook pages to take with me. Unfortunately the way the Facebook page is setup, simply PDFing it doesn't work. Someone tired me on to saving the page as a web Archive.

I saved a Facebook Page, and a few other pages as Web Archives from Safaru. Unfortunately whenI tried to open them on my Windows 7 Machine at work, without internet, the page failed to load. I just get a prompt to "Open" or "Save: the file. If I click on "Save" and save it to my local drive, and try to open it, I get the same prompt. If I try to save it again, I get a duplicate of the same file.

One thought that just came to me while I am typing this - does Safari use the same extension type as IE? Maybe an "Open With" is the answer?

While keeping this discussion about Web archives and not about Facebook, does anyone know what I am doing wrong? are Safari Web Archives comparable with IE? Do I still need an internet connection to get the page information to store on the computer, or is all of the page information stored in the file?

Thanks in advanced. PRH

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 4:42 AM

There are no replies.

Save website on Safari for offline viewing on Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.