Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9.0.1 on iPod touch 6th generation

There is a problem with the multitasking thing because when I closed the apps on the app switcher all of them and then restart the iPod the apps that I closed comes back again. Is this a bug?

iPod touch, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 2:35 AM

11 replies

Sep 28, 2015 2:37 AM in response to JamesMallon25

Hi! Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on this device.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

If this does not help, restore your device to factory settings. Note that this will erase the data from your device.

Take a look this Apple Support article: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

Oct 1, 2015 5:13 AM in response to JamesMallon25

I know one other uses reported the same. You can try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Oct 1, 2015 11:50 AM in response to lllaass

The following is the only reference to closing an app in the iPod 6 with iOS 9 manual. It's in the section:

«Switch between apps

Close an app. If an app isn’t working properly, you can force it to quit. Drag the app up from the app switcher display. Then try opening the app again.»

So I am not sure if the current iPods with iOS 9 are designed to actually close prior used apps that are working properly, as you could do with earlier iOSes that did not multitask.

iOS 9.0.1 on iPod touch 6th generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.