Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfering ipod touch gen 3 to ipod touch 4

I have transferred via iTunes the data from my old ipod touch 3 to the new ipod touch 4.

Everything went fine, except: none of the notes from the "notes" appli did make it to the new ipod, neither did a Larousse dictionary bought from apple store or iTune store. I have tried to mail the notes to my mail address but it didn’t get through to my mailbox. Besides i could get only one note into one mail and I have quite a many of them. Anyone knows how to recover those items on my new ipod 4?

I gratefully thank anyone able to help me out. Jeanne

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1, 64Go

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 3:13 AM

2 replies

Sep 28, 2015 7:21 AM in response to jeannelyonnet

How did you transfer the data?

iOS: Transferring information from your current iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device

If you restored from iTunes backup is the dictionary app in your iTunes library?

If you restored from iCloud backup is the app presently available from the App Store?

Are yo using the same iCloud ID on both devices and are Notes turned on in Settings>iCloud for both devices?

Oct 3, 2015 10:44 AM in response to lllaass

Sorry, thank you for your reply, but I don't understand why you mention dictionary app which has nothing to do with "notes" app far as i know. Of course i did make a back up from iTunes. It did transfer the "notes" app but devoid of any notes that I had made in the precedent iPod. The precedent iPod (5.1.1) I had duly safeguarded in iTunes before using the new iPod (9.0.1).

Besides quite recently I have noticed that the notes have also disappeared from the "your mac" box in the Mail app where they were also stored. So for now I still have them in the old iPod and either I recopy them by hand or someone somewhere knows better.

Thanks again and maybe u can still be of help.

transfering ipod touch gen 3 to ipod touch 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.