Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S 9.0.1 update and iMessage not working

I'm looking for solutions and thoughts to an iPhone 4S problem with 9.0.1 and iMessage.

iMessage simply does not work with the upgrade on my phone. I've done two complete installs (back up to computer, back up to cloud), re-set network connections, reboots, and toggling the iMessage on and off; in the case of the later, the "verifying" just spins and spins and says it cannot reach the network.

This is not happening on my MacBook nor my iPad mini (the mini having the update). It's only with my iPhone.

Any ideas, solutions or suggestions?

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.0.1, iMessage

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 6:11 AM

5 replies

Sep 29, 2015 6:17 AM in response to MDiGH

Hey there MDiGH,

It sounds like there's an issue activating iMessage on your iPhone 4s, and you're seeing an alert that says to check your network connection. Take a look at the article below which provides information and troubleshooting tips that will resolve most iMessage and FaceTime activation issues.

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Ciao.

iPhone 4S 9.0.1 update and iMessage not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.