Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 phone app freeze

After update 9.0.1 phone app on my iPhone 6 64Gb begin to freeze.

Following advices from plenty of forums (such as rebooting, resetting settings, clearing recent calls menu and so on) phone app begin to respond. But after some time (always less then 5 hours) it freezes again.

What's happend, Apple?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.1, 64 Gb

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 9:18 AM

22 replies

Sep 29, 2015 7:22 AM in response to Qewhouse

Hello Qewhouse,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that your iPhone is becoming unresponsive after a set amount of time using it. Given the troubleshooting you've already done, the next step I suggest is to reinstall iOS by following the directions below.

1. Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, you can borrow one, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force it to restart. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the Recovery mode screen.
    User uploaded file
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
    User uploaded file

iTunes will download the software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3 again.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Take care.

Oct 1, 2015 8:36 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Unfortunately this doesn't helped me.

Hoped that 9.0.2 will solve this problem, but it doesn't. The "phone app" still doesn't response. Only "reset all settings" force "phone app" work for some time, but after several hours it freezes. When press on "phone app" it opens on "All contacts" tab and doesn't response.

What else can i do to use my phone as a phone??????

Oct 12, 2015 11:37 AM in response to Qewhouse

I have the same problem. I was waiting for 9.0.2 update, but it DIDN'T help!

EVERYDAY the Phone App is freezed few Times and, of course in the most important time!

Nothing helps but device reboot!

My phone is set to automaticaly send the diagnostic to Apple and I hope they already got many diagnostic/crash reports. Do they work on them - don't know?

Does anyone knows how to revert the system to iOS8 on iPhone 4S 64GB?

BR.

Nov 9, 2015 9:00 AM in response to elbertph

I can't find the thread I posted in, but people have done what I did to fix mine and it fixed them too

"reset all settings" do it TWICE. After it reboots, once, do a reset all settings again! This fixed me, but I did both things shown above.

Also, in addtion, IN keyboard settings, I think in accessibility, change the lowercase keyboard to upper case, or vice versa. Whatever it's currently set on, CHANGE IT to lower or all caps. They key here is changing it to what is wasn't set on originally.

Nov 19, 2015 3:22 PM in response to il Santi

This problem is so frustrating! il Santi's fix worked, and I even simplified it to just doing a force reboot (power + home 20 secs) and it seemed to work after the reboot. It seemed like I didn't need to pull out my SIM card.

It still keeps happening though, phone.app will freeze after several hours or a day and I have to do this again. Super annoying, Apple please find out why and fix this!

BTW Apple this seems to happen when i restore my iphone from an iTunes backup.

iOS 9 phone app freeze

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.