Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3D touch on iPhone 6S not working

I picked up by Iphone 6S on Friday and have been using it for the last 2 days. It did not occur to me to test the 3D touch functionality until this morning.

This is when I realized that it seems to be not working. I have made sure that 3D touch is turned on in Settings and even attempted to change the sensitivity from Light to medium to firm. Even the image on the 3D touch sensitivity test does not pop.

What am I missing? I havent seem anyone talk about in these forums. Did I get a phone with bad hardware? I have a genius bar apt on Saturday but wanted to check if I am missing anything obvious

I have setup the phone as a new iphone and did not restore from my earlier iphone 6

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 10:20 AM

27 replies

Sep 30, 2015 4:48 PM in response to ilaria1

yes , I resolved my issue today. Went to the Apple store for something else and showed my phone to the genius support.

Apparently I was out putting enough pressure for it work work even with sensitivity set to light. Each time they hard pressed it worked and each time I pressed it in front of them it wouldn't.

I was finally able to get it to work by placing the phone on the table and pressing it hard.

Strange but something wrong with the way I am pressing it , I guess I need to practice :-))

Nov 7, 2015 5:48 AM in response to troy_iphone

Thanks for posting this question - mine wouldn't work either and I got very frustrated. Then I found how you figured it out: it's all about how hard you push. Frankly, I'm stunned at how hard you have to push to activate 3D Touch - and I have it on the Light setting. I hope to have this phone for 3 years; I'm already worried about the screen wearing out.

3D touch on iPhone 6S not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.