Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will a tempered glass screen protector work with 6s new screen ?

will a tempered glass screen protector still work with the new screen on the iPhone 6s ?

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 10:21 AM

yes it should work with 6s

5 replies

Oct 8, 2015 12:57 PM in response to Ademonbarber

It will still allow for the 3D touch functionality, but don't be surprised if the tempered glass doesn't fully adhere to the iPhone 6s screen. Specifically, the edges on the 6s appear to be beveled (rounded) slightly earlier than the 6 model. There is another thread going on here discussing that very issue:

iPhone 6 Glass Screen Protectors do not work on 6s

Oct 12, 2015 12:32 PM in response to Kmox29

+1

I had a Spigen Edge 2 Edge tempered glass protector, and the 2 long edges simply show a long streak of air gap. I keep pressing and pressing and then I realized that there's no glass underneath where the gaps are showing. That's why it won't stick.

Next I got the Tech Armor Edge to Edge, and this one applied perfectly (no air bubbles nor lint nor dust). Just a few very very thin and short streaks of air gap along the 2 long sides. Unfortuantely with this one the frame around the screen area is raised just a bit, and it doesn't look have the original glass appearance.

My Tech21 case's lip was also in contact with it and so I had to take it off and return it too. I'm going to have to do more research before ordering another one.

Will a tempered glass screen protector work with 6s new screen ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.