Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6s plus volume in music is LOW! Even with headphones.

Iphone 6s Plus- I have went through all settings to find a way to make my music louder for headphone. No Luck! Why is it much lower than Iphone 5s?

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 11:25 AM

46 replies

Jan 23, 2017 12:57 AM in response to Dussander

Hello, world. Reverting to the issue. Bump, for that matter. Is there any honest Apple Communities' curator out there who would actually bother to respond with regards to the issue at hand. Obviously, people who face the same predicament are far more than us who have registered our case herein. Regardless the number of responders from the part of the consumer community, I ask, again and again: is there any decent fellow out there... an Apple curator of this Apple Forum who gives a **** about the consumer! Jesus! Anybody? Hello!!! Is ANYONE out there reading? Oh, bother... oh what an abjection...

Mar 31, 2017 12:50 AM in response to Dussander

Hey, I hope this may help some of you: I tried all the suggested solutions and nothing worked for me. I had been using Sony headphones because they Apple ones always fall out of my ears, they just don't fit well for me. I unplugged the Sony headphones and used the original Apple ones that came with the phone and the sound was a lot louder. Maybe I have to tape them to my head in order to hear music on a street with a lot of ambient noise???

Nov 4, 2017 6:58 AM in response to Dussander

Hi.

Had the same problem. There is a solution, but unfortunately, you won't like it. You remove the protective meshes (not the ones at the sides of the earbuds though, because they don't accumulate any dirt and ear wax) and that's it. You get get the loud volume back.

I am not sure how much will this hurt the longevity of the headphones though because I applied this solution today. But since my previous plan was to buy new ones, I said what the ****. I'll use them for as long as they last.

Oct 6, 2015 1:27 PM in response to Dussander

It not and issue its just what the new iphone 6s is and im f'ing ******! An expensive phone that doesn't get loud enough, its complete garbage! I use the phone almost exclusively for music at the gym and im constantly pushing the volume button only to find its all the way up!!!! SOOOOO, I spent 2 hours at the apple store in Santa Monica California yesterday about this issue! Every employee seems to be oblivious to this and the phone passed the tests they ran! VERY, VERY ANNOYING!!!!!

Oct 14, 2015 12:36 AM in response to BermudaBarracuda

BermudaBarracuda I have the same issue with my iphone 6s plus. The music volume is really very low that I can't use on a plane.I don't know how was with ios 9.0.1 because it was updated as it was switched on the first time. It very frustrating because i choos iPhone with its music quality. I have an ipad mini 2 with ios 9.0.2 and the volume is very loud, as usual.

Do you think that with ios 9.0.1 the music volume was much more louder?

Thanks

Oct 14, 2015 9:57 AM in response to Dussander

I'm scouring the forums now for a solution to this. I work remote and am constantly on conference calls... my speakerphone is NO WHERE near loud enough. I had a 6 plus and it seemed fine - not nearly as good as my 5s but good enough for government work. Now my 6s Plus 128gb ***** donkey nuts... I can barely hear my calls and have to put headphones on which don't even seem to be as loud as my 5s. I know I'm getting old but I'm not THAT old.

Please Apple, take a look at these issues and hook some brutha's and sista's up!

Thx!

Oct 14, 2015 10:13 PM in response to Dussander

I recently acquired my iPhone 6s plus and I was having the same issues. I tested the volume of my music with my old Macbook Pro (circa 2009) and a 3rd generation ipod, which turned out to be way louder than my iphone 6s plus. After tinkering around in the settings, I found a solution that increases the volume. Navigate to Settings > Music > EQ and make sure nothing is selected. By default the EQ setting is preset, at least on it was on my device. Also, make sure sound check and volume limit is off.

Iphone 6s plus volume in music is LOW! Even with headphones.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.