Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have lost bluetooth since updating to ios9

i have lost bluetooth since updating to ios9. i have a 5s and now it will not connect or find any devices.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 8:58 AM

Hello there, dasull.

It sounds like you're having issues connecting to Bluetooth, after upgrading to the latest version of iOS 9. The following Knowledge Bsae article offers up some great and practical steps for troubleshooting:

Get help connecting a Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Try these steps first

1. Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory and iOS device are close to each other.
  2. Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory is on and fully charged or connected to power. If it uses batteries, test them to see if they need to be replaced.
  3. Restart your Bluetooth accessory.
  4. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  5. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure that Bluetooth is on. If you can’t turn Bluetooth on or you see a spinning gear, restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  6. Unpair the Bluetooth accessory, put the accessory back in discovery mode, then pair and connect itagain.

If you still can't pair or connect your Bluetooth accessory

Check with the Bluetooth manufacturer to make sure that your accessory works with your iOS device.

Contact Apple Support if you have any of these issues:

• You can’t turn on Bluetooth or the setting is grayed out.
  • You can’t connect any Bluetooth accessories with your device.
  • The accessory manufacturer confirmed that your accessory is working correctly.

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Cheers.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2015 8:58 AM in response to dasull

Hello there, dasull.

It sounds like you're having issues connecting to Bluetooth, after upgrading to the latest version of iOS 9. The following Knowledge Bsae article offers up some great and practical steps for troubleshooting:

Get help connecting a Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Try these steps first

1. Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory and iOS device are close to each other.
  2. Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory is on and fully charged or connected to power. If it uses batteries, test them to see if they need to be replaced.
  3. Restart your Bluetooth accessory.
  4. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  5. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure that Bluetooth is on. If you can’t turn Bluetooth on or you see a spinning gear, restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  6. Unpair the Bluetooth accessory, put the accessory back in discovery mode, then pair and connect itagain.

If you still can't pair or connect your Bluetooth accessory

Check with the Bluetooth manufacturer to make sure that your accessory works with your iOS device.

Contact Apple Support if you have any of these issues:

• You can’t turn on Bluetooth or the setting is grayed out.
  • You can’t connect any Bluetooth accessories with your device.
  • The accessory manufacturer confirmed that your accessory is working correctly.

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Cheers.

Oct 14, 2015 7:34 AM in response to pedro d

Apple Support, I too am having issues after upgrading to IOS9 (9.0.2). The only devices that are shown in the devices area are occasionally PCs (but not all PCs). My 6+ shows no other devices. The other devices can see the phone, but the phone doesn't show the other device. Here's a pic of the phone:User uploaded file

Here's a pic of the PC, which is not Kasnyik4M01:

User uploaded file

The phone never shows the PC. This is also the case with my Garmin Fenix2 watch and my handsfree device in my Jeep.

Nov 29, 2015 2:12 AM in response to pedro d

Upgrading to iOS 9.1 won't help. Running iOS8 on iPh 4S, no problem. Upgrade to 9.1 Bluetooth won't work with iMac.

Now, interesting: iPhone with 9.1 works with my Fabia3 Apple CarPlay; Samsung 5532 works with it as well. Samsung 5532 works with iMac; iOS 9.1 Pairs but doesn't?

Ok, running Snow Leopard & you'll say that's the problem? Just read the above, its' iOS 9.1?

I have Ill Capitan on FW so I'll try that and report.

Nov 29, 2015 3:23 AM in response to cruttis

Ok IllCapitan no help, didn't work. Interesting however, it connected to my SMA PV Solar Inverter no problem. As in SL it pairs ok but flashes 'connected' then not.

All I wanted to do was access my phonebook textually so I could transfer it to my Call-Guardian POTS device!!!

In frustration I got my Samsung (used only for break-alarms) out and it connected to the iMac (NO PROBLEM) and allowed me to save a text file of contacts!!!

Maybe it's the 4S? Wifey says her 5+iOS9.1 works? BUT this ALSO works with iTunes 11.4 AND Snow Leopard? (She's Wiccan??)

Advice: when upgrading APPLE S/W USE AN EXTERNAL DEVICE! Oh, need 2 iPhones!

Think I'll sell the iPhone and go back to my Samsung 5532, it works FLAWLESSLY, with the iMac, the Fabia Apple CarPlay. It also doesn't weigh my trousers down and needs recharging less.

I made a Hackintosh 2 years ago, much faster than latest Apple stuff but sold it 'cos I like Apple. Seems after 20 years since retiring I was WRONG!

Nov 29, 2015 5:46 AM in response to cruttis

And so it gets worse!

When wifey gave me her 4S having got a 5, I was somewhat reluctant. Transferring my Samsung data via GSM Remote was easy, save as V-cards and phonebook just uploaded to the 4S. Great. I could now learn about the iPhone, even though it made my trousers fall-down, a bit!

It all went fine, then, I upgraded to iOS 9.1.

Now, after putting the iPhone SIM into the Samsung, I forgot iOS9.1 won't connect to the iMac so there is no way to get my phonebook back into the Samsung, it's still in the iPhone?

I'm going to bed and hope.................

i have lost bluetooth since updating to ios9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.