Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to update or synch my classic old and beautiful Ipod. Any ideas how I might go about this please?

Hi.......please help an oldie yet goodie 🙂

I am unable to update or synch my classic old and beautiful Ipod

The unit does not have blue tooth. I was using it quite happily on my old computer with windows XP. Since then I have gone up several versions of software on my computers, changed computers even. Then it occurred to me I ought to be looking at backing up and updating the Ipod itself. Because most of the time it sits in a speaker cradle and has 1812 tunes on it I haven't really done much other than play it. Now of course I cannot connect it to a computer to update it at all.....the computer simply does not recognise it 😟

Details are

Software Version 1.2.1

Model P9830B

Capacity 60 GB of which only 44.2 is utilised.

Any ideas of how I can move forward greatly appreciated

Thank you

iPod classic, iOS 1.x, Engraved Birthday pressie from my h

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 11:01 AM

See Corrupt iPod classic.

Is your current computer running Mac or Windows, and what version of the operating system? On Windows certain anti-virus and firewall products may prevent iTunes from communicating with the device, or you could have a faulty cable, or fluff in the docking port. It is probably running the current firmware. iTunes doesn't back up non-iOS devices but if there is media on the device which isn't in your library, and you can establish content, then there is a data recovery tip included in the linked post.

tt2

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2015 11:01 AM in response to Ferriby Storm

See Corrupt iPod classic.

Is your current computer running Mac or Windows, and what version of the operating system? On Windows certain anti-virus and firewall products may prevent iTunes from communicating with the device, or you could have a faulty cable, or fluff in the docking port. It is probably running the current firmware. iTunes doesn't back up non-iOS devices but if there is media on the device which isn't in your library, and you can establish content, then there is a data recovery tip included in the linked post.

tt2

I am unable to update or synch my classic old and beautiful Ipod. Any ideas how I might go about this please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.