Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to delete bulk mail messages I get an error "UID COPY”

Running OS X 10.10.5 on Mac Mini. Comcast Xfinity is my internet provider and my email is managed by Yahoo Mail Plus.

When I try to delete bulk mail with the Mail app I get the following message. "The IMAP command “UID COPY” (to Deleted Messages) failed for the mailbox “Bulk Mail” with server error: UID COPY Server error - Please try again later"

This problem does not happen every time but enough that it is getting annoying. Any help would be appreciated. To clarify further. periodically I open my "Bulk Mail" folder to review content. When I have determined they are all junk I do a select all, click the icon for "read" and then click the icon for "delete". It takes several moments but then I get the below message.

xxx messages could not be moved to the mailbox “Trash — Yahoo! Mail Plus”. The IMAP command “UID COPY” (to Deleted Messages) failed for the mailbox “Bulk Mail” with server error: UID COPY Server error - Please try again later.

xxx represents the number of email messages I am dealing with at the time. Usually in the range of 200 to 500.

Thanks,

David

Mac mini (Late 2012)

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk: Macintosh HD

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

OS X: 10.10.5

Mail: Apple Mail App

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 3:14 PM

5 replies

Nov 24, 2015 11:42 AM in response to David_W_King

Thought that I would receive more responses about this issue. I can't be the only one having this issue can I? It's really getting frustrating having the error message pop up every time I try to delete spam emails.

I use Yahoo for my emails and have Yahoo Mail Plus so I pay an annual fee to have the best service Yahoo offers. I have options in mail set to keep copies on the server to sync with my MacBook Pro and my iOS devices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. David

Feb 16, 2016 4:37 PM in response to David_W_King

Same thing has happened to my junk mail with Yahoo account:

26 messages could not be moved to the mailbox “Trash — Yahoo!”

The IMAP command “UID COPY” (to Trash) failed for the mailbox “Bulk Mail” with server error: UID COPY Server error - Please try again later.

Above suggestion did not work. Any thought on how to delete this junk mail.

When I try to delete bulk mail messages I get an error "UID COPY”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.