Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s Plus Can't Power on without Hardware reboot

Got an iPhone 6s Plus on Friday. Randomly, my iPhone 6s Plus will not power on. Holding down either button for extended periods of time will not wake it up. The only way to get it back on, is to do a reset (holding both buttons down), then it comes back. This has only been happening around once per day, so it has happened around 4 times since I got it. Most of the time it is while in my pocket and I pull it out and I cannot turn it on, unless I reboot it, Today, it happened while plugged into the dock, it had went to sleep, but I couldn't turn it back on without rebooting the phone.

128GB, iOS 9.0.1

Anyone else see this happening?

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 2:44 PM

4 replies

Sep 28, 2015 9:30 PM in response to Michael Ginsberg

Mine just did that tonight. I have the iPhone 6s Plus 64GB iOS 9.0.1. It was just sitting there and when I went to turn it on nothing happened. But my home button became warm to the touch. I had to do a hard reset for it to come back on and then the warmness of the button went away. Is yours warm to the touch as well? I think I am just going to go to my local Apple store and ask them if they can check it and just make sure its alright. We shouldn't be having this problem with brand new phones.

Oct 10, 2015 5:54 AM in response to jacobr1207

I had the same issue with new IP 6s ( 128G, 9.0.2 ) yesterday. When I took out my phone from my bag, it couldn't power on and the home button got warm. I don't know the reset function, so I couldn't turn it on for a few hours and my phone got very warm (the whole phone, not only the home button). Then I went to the apple store and told the guy the issue. He said you may not turn it on, I said I tried everything. He got my phone and turned it on!!! And the warmness went away immediately! Then he said: see, you didn't turn it on! I was kinda embarrassed and SO confused. BUT, I did notice he held two buttons together. I was going to ask him if I need to hold both buttons to turn it on, but shy away. And he said if you want return the phone, you need to return to Verizon where I bought it. Apparently, they already knew this problem!!

I'm thinking if I should return it and get a new one! Or continue to use my 5s which never had any issues!

Very disappointed!

iPhone 6s Plus Can't Power on without Hardware reboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.