Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipod Touch 6 Has a Vertical line going through the screen, what do I do about it?

I got a new Ipod touch a few days ago and I accidently dropped it from a low distance from the ground(with case). My Ipod now has a white/gray vertical line going through the middle of the screen, what do I do? I already tried completely turning it off and turning back on but the line was still there. I can't touch anything on that area of the screen. My Ipod Looks Like this User uploaded file

iPod touch, Ipod Touch 6

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 2:20 PM

2 replies

Sep 28, 2015 2:26 PM in response to Sketching Cookie

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Unless you purchased the optional AppleCare+ extended warranty, the warranty does not cover damaged cause by the operator like form dropping it.

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for this price. They do not fix yours.

Service Answer Center - iPod

With AppleCare+ the exchange cost is $29

My Ipod Touch 6 Has a Vertical line going through the screen, what do I do about it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.