Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s bluetooth disconnects and reconnects during calls

Bluetooth keeps disconnecting during calls in my car with the iPhone 6s. The disconnect only lasts for 3 or 4 seconds, and then it will reconnect without dropping the call, but this happens fairly regularly. I used the 5s in the same car with no problem for 2 years. Is this happening to anyone else or does anyone have any suggestions? I am on iOS 9.0.1.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 4:37 PM

14 replies

Nov 3, 2015 5:18 PM in response to michaelfromjoppa

I Also keep experiencing Bluetooth dropping out on my 6S. It disconnects from my Apple Watch and I muss notifications. It also doesn't stay connected or reconnect promptly to my car key system and this is very inconvenient. My 5S worked fine with these exact two devices so I'm sure it's an issue with the phone. Nit sure if it's just this specific phone that's defective or if it's across this model.

Feb 15, 2016 2:04 PM in response to michaelfromjoppa

I have the same issue. I thought it was my Plantronics Legend headset but I just bought a new Plantronics Edge and have the same issue, plus have seen it sometimes with my car's Bluetooth. And in hindsight I realize that this started happening when I moved from iPhone 6 Plus to iPhone 6S Plus.

Has anyone had this issue resolved? I am wondering if there are some defective hardware devices.

Feb 16, 2016 7:10 AM in response to univ0298

I read on another thread that turning off the wifi while in the car seems to help. I was hesitant to believe it but I have been trying it for the last 6 days or so and I have had no dropped calls. Coincidence? Possibly but I have had a number of lengthy calls in that time frame while stuck in traffic and have yet to drop a connection, including one from this morning.

Bit clunky to remember to turn off wifi when getting into your car but better than dropping calls.

Anyone else try this workaround?

iPhone 6s bluetooth disconnects and reconnects during calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.