Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[SOLVED] High usage of data on iOS9 on System Services -> General

[This is the description of the problema and what I have to do to solve the problem. It worked 100% for me. Sorry for my english.]

I recently having a HUGE issue with data transfer over celular network.

In less than ONE DAY, more than 1GB of data was gone over the description "General" in "System Services".

I don't know what's mean "General use" and why they started doing this. I know that happened a few days after I upgraded to iOS9, as no reason.

Well, a lot of people says over "Wi-Fi Assist", that wasn't the main problem.
Turning Air Plane mode on and off neither.

Reset the phone worked for some folks, but I don't wanted to get too far.

So, I turned off the use of celular data for ALL THE APPS first. - Reboot the phone.

Then, I turned off all the iCloud services and all the automatic download under App and iTunes Store. - Reboot again.

Then, in Fetch New Data under Mail, Contacts, Calendars, I turned off the "Push". - Reboot.

After all this, I started to turn ON the services again. First, the Push. - Reboot.

Then, I turned on the iCloud Services. - Reboot.

For the last, I turned on the data access ONLY for the necessary apps that I use (whats, telegram, face, mail... etc). - Reboot

For the moment I leave other apps without access to the celular network, I'll activate them when I need.

I know that probably I have rebooted the phone more than needed, but since I don't know what caused the problem (and what was the acting that solved it), I prefer to describe the entire (and repetitive) actions.

After that, the problem with excessive data was solved at all.

This is the second day using normally, the battery performance was awesome (1 entire day in heavy use) and the General uses only a few MB.

That's the solution for me, please comment if it worked to you too.

Thank you for the attention.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 11:54 AM

Problem was the WHATSAPP auto backup.

It was set OFF, but still uploading. Maybe a bug.

And all data using for backing up doesn't show in WhatsApp description.

It show like "General" under System Services!

Is a Huge mess! A really ******* off problem!

User uploaded file

I turn the iCloud over celular off (bad solution for who uses a lot the iCloud services, like me), and reboot the phone.

that was the ONLY way that I foud to stop it.

What a huge mess Apple and whatsapp team!

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2015 11:54 AM in response to Fernando Campos

Problem was the WHATSAPP auto backup.

It was set OFF, but still uploading. Maybe a bug.

And all data using for backing up doesn't show in WhatsApp description.

It show like "General" under System Services!

Is a Huge mess! A really ******* off problem!

User uploaded file

I turn the iCloud over celular off (bad solution for who uses a lot the iCloud services, like me), and reboot the phone.

that was the ONLY way that I foud to stop it.

What a huge mess Apple and whatsapp team!

User uploaded file

Oct 15, 2015 7:27 PM in response to Fernando Campos

Putz, cara!!!!! Hoje eu tava nesta nóia para descobrir. Acho que você matou a charada!! Vou testar a partir do dia 21 que reseta meus dados móveis e vamos ver no que dá! Eu apenas desativei o "Usar dados móveis" do menu "iCloud Drive". Ou seja, permitindo o Whatsapp ainda fazer backups APENAS em modo wifi. Funcionou contigo? Como tem sido sua experiência de julho para cá?

Valeu!! Salvou a vida! Hahahah

[SOLVED] High usage of data on iOS9 on System Services -> General

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.