Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo biz mail not working after iOS 9 upgrade

following the new upgrade, my yahoo business email is not working. Have it on My iMac in mail still but not on my iPhone 5s. What is going on??

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 9:14 PM

call Yahoo and find out.

8 replies

Oct 3, 2015 1:54 PM in response to leighgo554

Me too. I called Yahoo small business support and they said it's a known issue with iOS 9. The problem is just as you described. The work around suggested by yahoo was to install the yahoo mail app and use that until Apple/Yahoo fix the problem. Yet another iOS 9 glitch. I've experienced two others: 0:00 in text message box, and incorrect iCloud backup storage space.

Oct 3, 2015 5:38 PM in response to leighgo554

I was able to get my Yahoo Small Business email to work by setting it up manually on my iPhone. I followed the instructions to "Set Up Business Mail on iOS 7 or 8 with IMAP" from the following link: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/yahoo-business-mail/SLN17483.html?impressions=true

It was a bit tedious, but I got it to work. I kept my old Yahoo mail set up on the iPhone as well, figuring that if and when that one ever gets fixed I will notice that I have duplicate emails and then I'll just delete one of the accounts. I named the new account something different to keep things straight. Hope that helps.

Oct 9, 2015 10:19 AM in response to Kluebbers

Mine did as well for a few days then it just stops for no reason. I don't want to keep setting this crap up every few days. I am done with apple products. I have had nothing but problems lately. everything from being booted off my home network without even knowing until i look at the top indicator to apps freezing at random and now this BS.

I forgot to add that when the email stops working the settings are still correct but must be done over again.

Oct 10, 2015 3:56 AM in response to leighgo554

I fought this problem for over 12 hours the other day....right in the middle of a busy work day....and got nothing else done. Apple was useless and Yahoo was useless as well. Had a phone plugged into each ear on tech support....and nothing! I just quit everything and chased it down myself.

But....I did come up with a work around.

Here is the problem: Many of us have Yahoo bizmail accounts with a domain and email addresses. I originally had a problem attaching to any of them with my new OS9.0.2 phone, but eventually could attach to the main yahoo address. That did me no good, as I don't use that address for anything; I use the email address that I created under that General Yahoo account. The only thing that comes into the general account is billing information from Yahoo and Whois information from the registry. Even when I programmed the phone exactly like my older iPhone 4S, it wouldn't attach to the sub-email that I created.

The problem is in OS 9.0.2

So....within your bizmail account (and this is hard to find) there is a way to set up a second email address and use it as a forwarding email. I used a gmail account, but just about any email service should work (mail.com, outlook.com, etc.). I can tell you that Gmail works. You will have to turn-on forwarding in your bizmail account. Once you have the gmail (or other) account set up in bizmail as a forwarding address, then just point your iPhone to that address.

Your computer will still retrieve mail the old way.

New email will come into your bizmail address and get forwarded, but a copy stays in bizmail to be retrieved by the computer.

Sent email will go out of your computer on bizmail as before.

Sent email will go out of your iPhone on Gmail.

An email sent to you will now show up on the computer and the iPhone using OS 9.0.2

Hope this helps....I wish I had someone tell me this, while I was having a nervous breakdown. I usually get 100 emails per day for business.

Yahoo biz mail not working after iOS 9 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.