Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 High Data Usage - System Services 'General'

I've noticed abnormally high data usage (and almost went over my limit), since recently buying an iPhone 6 and upgrading to iOS 9. I fished out some strange data usage (about 280MB) under Cellular > System Services > General. Note that I do have "Wifi Assist" disabled.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you know what it is?

User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 6:03 PM

13 replies

Oct 15, 2015 4:23 AM in response to echofox570

User uploaded file

Me too here with this problems. iPhone 5s on iOS9.0.2. The screen shot shows the usage within 3 days after reset. It is crazy.

On 2GB data plan monthly, normally end of the cycle left over 1GB (manily for work, no youtube etc). Recently 2 months, middle of the month 80% of 2GB was used up. Called Apple Online help, they only said Settings=>Mobile data=>System Services=>General means usage of iCloud or Itunes, and asked me to call my carrier. Wasted half an hour with carrier, nothing they could do. Actually this thing happened to my daughter's iphone last year too, 1GB data finished within 2 days. only solution I thnk is to restore the phone. Hope Apple will looks into this issue asap.

Dec 25, 2016 2:44 PM in response to taotianchristopher

I'm having the same issues. My data manager which I downloaded shows that something is even using my data plan when the cellular network is turned off! Poltergeist??

I am starting to get sick of Apple products and all their updates. I had to scrap my last Macbook pro after 4 years because the tech told me the new update (whichever one it was at the time) was not built to be compatible with my hardware. Planned obsolescence for sure. Mu iPhone is always having a problem with something. Most recently I have trouble deleting some emails and have to go into the settings and turn off and on the mail button. Just ridiculous!

iOS 9 High Data Usage - System Services 'General'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.