Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch saying card already in wallet but it is not there.

I got my new Apple watch and added my cards that were on my iPhone wallet, the Mastercard said I had to verify which I did and about a day later it showed and is working on the watch. My Amex said verifying but never showed approval, I deleted it and tried again, this time it told me it was already in my wallet on my watch but it does not show and cannot be selected.

I deleted it from my phone called AMEX they showed it was not longer connected to Apple Pay. I tried from both the phone and Watch app, it will let me add it back to the phone but the watch still says it is already in wallet.

Any other suggestions?

Apple Watch, watchOS 2, This is on iPhone 6+

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2017 5:20 AM

Hi. Just had this problem and couldn't add either of 2 different cards. I solved it by logging out of iCloud on my iphone and logging back in. Then it let me add all the cards, both previously on the apple pay and the 2 that wouldn't add earlier.

Hope this helps some people.

12 replies

Sep 20, 2017 1:14 PM in response to gtrazanka

My wife had her debit card replaced because of fraud. She received her new card and Apple Pay kept saying the new card was already in her wallet. Turns out the when IOS goes to verify the account with the bank, the new card was linked to her account (but it was a different card number) so it thought it was already there. Deleted old card, added new one, problem solved.

Oct 8, 2015 6:56 PM in response to gtrazanka

I ran into the same issues with a VISA, I kept getting "The card is already in wallet". After trying multiple things to no avail, I gave up. I decided to add my secondary credit card, an AMEX. That loaded to my watch just fine. Encouraged, I thought I'd try adding the VISA again, it loaded onto the watch without any issues!

If you have another card to go through the setup process with, maybe you can give this a try. It might have been a fluke or I got lucky, but it worked for me. By going through the setup process with another card, it might have cleared the session that got stuck.

Jan 4, 2016 11:43 PM in response to gtrazanka

Same thing happened to me after I deleted my card. I had to reset my iPhone and set it up all over again, but it resolved it. If you restore from a back up, make sure it's one that you made before you deleted your card from wallet or one before you added the card. Either way, a complete reset or a restore from a point before that error should resolve the issue. It worked for me.

Feb 22, 2016 9:20 PM in response to gtrazanka

After numerous attempts, I came upon a solution mentioned in a different but related thread that worked for me (basic issue was an inability to re-add an Amex card because the iPhone 6S continually told me it was already in the wallet -- root cause had been signing out of iCloud in an attempt to fix a different problem)...

Go into settings and change your passcode (Settings, Touch ID & Passcode, Change Passcode). You'll need to enter your current passcode, enter a new one and confirm it). Once I did this, I was able to enter the Amex Card that the phone thought was already in my wallet. Since I use a reasonably complex alphanumeric passcode, after I confirmed that Apple Pay was now behaving, I changed the PassCode back to my old one (for convenience).

Hope this helps!

Steve

Apple Watch saying card already in wallet but it is not there.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.