Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to edit email address

Previously I've used the same email address for writing to a particular person in the company, but now I need to address a different person, using the same email address. I've tried to edit the email address (delete the name of the person), but Mail insists on putting it back. I cannot find the recipient listed under Mail > Window > Previous Recipients, so how can I delete Mail's memory of this email address and start over?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Epson Stylus Photo T60 (via USB)

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 8:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 1:21 AM

You can remove the name of the person you don't need by going to Mail > Window (top menu bar) > Previous Recipients. Highlight the name you don't want and 'remove' (bottom left).

3 replies

Sep 29, 2015 1:21 AM in response to seventy one

Thank you, seventy one. I was unable to find the contact under Previous Recipients. It was not there at all. However, I did find it in my Address Book. At first glance, I couldn't see the person's name in my Address Book, but finally I located it under an entry for a company. I deleted the person's name from the company address entry. Then I was able to type the email address without the person's name.

how to edit email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.