Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing "Next Friday" type information from Calendar

There is an ambiguity in English about the phrase "Next Friday".

When I get a calendar appointment shown in Calendar as occurring "Next Friday" and it is Tuesday, I assume it means Friday next week, in 10 days time. This is in accordance with

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/36419/next-friday-vs-this-friday

Unfortunately the iPhone means Friday this week which I would call "This Friday".

It would avoid a lot of confusion if I could set the Calendar app to just show the date, e.g. Friday 2nd October, rather than "Next Friday" (which I think is Friday 9th October).

Is there any way to do this, or alternatively to complain to Apple that this functionality is less than optimal?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 1:29 AM

13 replies

Oct 7, 2015 7:00 AM in response to tjolly

Thomas Jolliffe wrote:

Agreed, just noticed this. Very annoying - got my hopes up!

EDIT: Also just noticed that there's no way to stop my real name showing up here. Brilliant, thanks a lot Apple.

Whether you intended to or not, you selected your real name as your user name for the forum. I have notified the Hosts that you have a concern about this.

Oct 7, 2015 9:18 AM in response to tjolly

tjolly wrote:

Thanks for the help, people whose posts I can see in email notifications but not here 😕

EDIT: Having replied I can now see them...think it's best I return to not visiting this inexplicable place!

This is an ongoing problem with Jive, the software that the forum runs on. It's been especially bad the last couple of days. You may see a bunch of replies that are just a single word or punctuation (I use a period). Those are from people who want to be able to see the latest posts.

I see the Hosts have modified your user name.

Removing "Next Friday" type information from Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.