Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do have an iMac with 3TB fusion drive. Can I install both Windows via Bootcamp and a data drive accessible by OSX and Windows?

I do have an iMac with 3TB fusion drive, dated december 2013.

Can I install Windows via Bootcamp and create a data drive accessible by OSX and Windows?

If yes, what is the correct order of working?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 2:10 AM

4 replies

Oct 5, 2015 6:28 AM in response to SeaPapp

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your answer and excuse me for my late reply. I had some problems with installing El Capitan. Bluetooth connections with 3rd party appliances (Philips headphone) showed to be not feasible with El Capitan. It worked with Yosemite.

For patitioning I recently contacted Apple Support and they informed me that making 3 partitions (OSX, Data and Bootcamp) is feasible. Now I have confincting answers.

Any suggestions?

Dick Ve

Oct 6, 2015 6:54 AM in response to SeaPapp

OK, that is clear. Thanks for your answer. I was hoping that on top of having 1) a boot partition, 2) recovery partition and 3) a bootcamp partition a 4) data (logical) partition accessible by OSX and Windows would be possible. Apparently this is not possible, unless you remove the recovery partition, but from what I learned this is not supported by Apple.

I do have an iMac with 3TB fusion drive. Can I install both Windows via Bootcamp and a data drive accessible by OSX and Windows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.