Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

threat by trojan.JS.Iframe.BKD on MacBookPro

Hello everybody, please pardon my english.

BitDefender Virus Scanner (properly downloaded by Apple Store) detected this threat on my Mac Book Pro running OX Yosemite 10.10.5.

It's among the Mobile Applications (in the mobile application folder) in my mac, it's a zip file named " com.sg.findItprohd.zip ", its size is 39,4MB.

Bit Defender was not able to remove it, I will not touch it as well until someone tells me how to do it.

I regularly synchronize my Iphone 4S on my Mac, of course I will not do it again until this stuff will be removed.

What is it?

How can I fix this awful situation?

(Please help me, I'm going to freak out...)

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 2:52 AM

37 replies

Sep 29, 2015 10:18 AM in response to Linc Davis

No, I haven't download any app from anywhere else than the apple store except for MacKeeper, and I'm going to tell you why.

The issues started one week ago, when I tried to watch a tv series episode in streaming on internet, I did it before but nothing happened.

This time, Safari was blocked by the opening of a page that "told" me I had a virus on my computer.

I feel ashamed to tell it, but I was scared and I clicked on the Mackeeper advisor that was in that page and it started soon. It found the the "first" threat on my computer, it was exactly the one people talk about here

Has the app been infected by virus ?

So, I deleted Mackeeper properly (...and I thought MacKeeper was the origin, I mean the "author", of that worm 😁 ).

The days after, I felt a bit paranoid so i got BitDefender on the App Store.

Everything was ok, scans were ok and did not report anything dangerous, but this morning I had this surprise so I asked you on this trusted forum.

This afternoon (I live in Europe) I properly deleted the folder which contained the trojan. I still feel insecure.... Is it paranoia or not?

Sep 29, 2015 10:38 AM in response to esseG

Is it paranoia or not?

If by "paranoia" you mean "unfounded fear," then yes, that's what it is. Paranoia, in that sense, is dangerous, because it may lead you to take actions that make you less secure, rather than more secure. Installing useless software such BitDefender, MacKeeper, and Malwarebytes is one such action. Don't do it. Your computer is safe and it will stay that way as long as you don't allow yourself to be duped by Internet criminals. That's what happened when you downloaded MacKeeper. Just remain calm and don't install any software without carefully researching it first. App Store products can generally be considered to be free from malware.

threat by trojan.JS.Iframe.BKD on MacBookPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.