Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reporting Fraud

Last night I rec'd a call from ************ saying they were Apple Care and they wanted to thank me for my recent purchase. Then he went on to ask for my IP: address so they could do a remote check to make sure everything was ok with my system and I may not have use of my system up to 20 mins. Of course, I said if you had worked on it before you should have that information. I asked him if he mind me recording the call for my protection( I wasn't going to let him have my information to begin with) he ended the call. Once I called back I got a canned message.

Anyone else getting these calls? Is there a direct line to apple to report fraud?

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

iMac, iOS 9.0.1, null

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 4:21 AM

4 replies

Nov 29, 2015 5:56 PM in response to Mebearluvr

Phone scams of this type related to Microsoft and Windows have been going on for years now. As the popularity of the Mac grows it was only a matter of time before they started attempting to scam Apple users too. The calls usually originate far outside of North America so there is likely nothing Apple can do just as Microsoft hasn't stopped scammers from targeting Windows users.

As with any of these phone scams the best defence is an informed public.

Reporting Fraud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.