Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't icloud for Windows sync with Outlook 2016?

I upgraded to Outlook 2016 (on a Windows 7 machine). I can set up an iCloud mail account, but I cannot sync my Outlook calendar and contacts with iCloud like I could when I had Outlook 2013.

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 5:13 AM

10 replies

Oct 1, 2015 6:09 PM in response to jconverse11

I have the exact same issue. I have a windows 7 machine running office 365 with outlook 2016. I cannot get my icloud calendar to work with outlook 2016. It tells me the icloud file needs to be repaired. I have tried to repair it and have also uninstalled it and reinstalled it with the same results. Is there a compatibility issue with outlook 2016 and icloud? Is it because I am using windows 7? Any advise on how to fix this?

Oct 1, 2015 11:29 PM in response to Calvee

Hi

Same for me. I am on Windows 8.1.

Upgraded to Office 2016/Outlook 2016 with some difficulty a few days ago. I have not been able to sync calendar or contacts with iPhone 5s since. (Not using iCloud although I noticed that the option in Outlook has gone and it is not in the add ins). I have also read that Notes and the sync has gone.

iTunes doesn't come up automatically when I plug the iPhone in either (I have got the command checked).

When I have the phone plugged in and it runs through the back up and sync sequence I see some Windows Installer messages flash up briefly.

Need some help please.

Oct 7, 2015 5:21 AM in response to jconverse11

I am running Windows 8.1 and upgraded to Office Premium, as a result I do not have access to my calendar or contacts in Outlook and I cannot reinstall Icloud for windows itself. I believe this is a known problem (a serious one) as contacting either Apple or Microsoft has them shifting the onus on each other. However, reading between the lines Apple simply has to create an update to Icloud for Windows which deals with both Windows 10 and the Office 2016 programs.

Oct 14, 2015 2:17 PM in response to jconverse11

We recently purchased a Windows 7 Professional device and Office 2016 and installed Outlook. We then installed the latest version of iCloud for windows and get the same "repair" message, which has not worked. After spending some time with Apple, a supervisor told me that they are working on an update for synchronicity with Outlook 2016, and that it should be ready late this week (around Oct 16-19). Hope it works for all of us!

Why doesn't icloud for Windows sync with Outlook 2016?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.