Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is your photo stream affected when you reset settings?

I have a 4th gen iPod Touch. I was trying to associate a new apple id with the device. I reset all settings (not erased). When I go into the photos, it shows photos from the camera roll but nothing is in the photo stream, however I don't know if there were any pictures in the photo stream before I reset the settings. I had albums on my iPod using photos from the photo stream, those albums are empty now. I read somewhere that photos are only kept in the photo stream for 30 days, and honestly I don't know if the photos were missing before I did the reset. I also had a photo set as a wallpaper and that is gone now. I logged into my iCloud account and can see that there is storage being used, but cannot view the photos...I'm hoping my photo stream is safe somewhere.....

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6, null

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 7:20 AM

8 replies

Sep 29, 2015 7:38 AM in response to AlexB06

Resetting Settings does not effect the PhotoStream. However, if you sign-out/delete the iCloud account/ID I think the PhotosStream Photos get deleted but you may have the option to retain them (and other iCloud data).

When you sign into an iCloud Account it can take hours for the PhtoStream photos to be downloaded to the device.

PhotoStream in iCloud only retains the last 30 days of photos. PhotoStream Photos only get deleted from a device if you run out of storage.

Sep 29, 2015 9:54 AM in response to lllaass

I'm 99.9% sure I would have chosen to keep them on the device (I'm a freak about losing pictures), so that's why I'm wondering if they were deleted when I did the reset settings. He had used a screenshot of a game as his wallpaper and when I reset the settings, the wallpaper went back to a factory wallpaper and the screenshot is not in the camera roll, which leads me to believe it was in the photostream.

Is your photo stream affected when you reset settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.