Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

syncdefaultsd wants to use the login keychain

Hi,

I have a xserve running 10.7.5. Last week or so I had to change my admin password and that worked fine.

Now I changed it to what it was before the last one. But now I get all of these ? when I start my xserve and they just keep popping up.

My question is why is my new admin password not working to open keychain or to get these login popups to go away?

Thanks

Martin

Xserve, OS X Server

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 7:42 AM

3 replies

Oct 6, 2015 5:09 PM in response to MrHoffman

Thank you MrHoffman I will give this a try. On a second note I have had a heck of a time trying to get my system indicator light to stop flashing. I have done the unplug everything for 20 min, pressing the power button for 10 sec. then reconnection only the power and keyboard and mouse and doing a pram reset. The last time I did it it worked, so I shut down the server connected the 1 raid and fired it up. All went well. I had to leave town for a few days so I shut it down again.

When I went to restart I powered on the apc battery backup power to the server and and the raid and the system indicator light starting flashing before I even hit power on to the raid or the server it self. So I powered it up and all works fine all green light on all drives and server drives. So what gives. Not sure what to do next.

Thanks for your help.

Martin

Oct 6, 2015 8:13 PM in response to upctry2

The locator LED, or the fault LED? If it's the fault LED and as completely unsubstantiated guesses, you might need to replace the Xserve coin-cell battery, or the RAID array battery. Or there's a hardware problem with the box. (That you're seeing weird behavior elsewhere could be related, too.)

Apple "DIY" information on the Xserve hardware is still available, if you've not already downloaded it.

Check the Console.app logs for any relevant related information.

Powering down and unplugging the power supplies for a minute or so will reset the LOM on these. Sometimes the LOM can get into an odd state. (I ended up having to replace the VGA board in one of those boxes that went bad; was showing display artifacts and still never threw a fault; go figure.)

syncdefaultsd wants to use the login keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.