Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't sync iphone with itunes on windows 10 since 8/20/15

When I connect my iPhone 6 plus, with iOS 9.0.1 to my Surface Pro 3 computer running windows 10, my computer and phone ding that they connected. My iphone asks me to allow access to pictures/videos by my computer which I hit Allow. My computer starts the import software that tells me there are 1148 new photos. I click import and I immediate get and error message saying it failed. When I look at iTunes on the computer, I do not see my iphone device in the devices. I have uninstalled itunes, reinstalled itunes, deleted the lockdown folder on the computer, and yet can not connect my iphone with itunes or the pictures to be imported. That leads me to believe it is a software issue on the iphone itself. I would try to use my computer to reinstall iOS 9.0.1 on my iphone, but duh can't get my iphone to show up in itunes to do that.

I upgraded to Windows 10 on 7/29/15, so it is not the upgrade since I was able to sync on 8/20/15. I don't recall when the iOS 9 update was and maybe that was the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.1, Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with Window

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 6:50 PM

Found the answer and it is so simple. Connect your iPhone to the computer via usb. Then open control panel, devices and printers. Find the iPhone device and remove it. Then disconnect the iPhone from computer. Reconnect to computer and new driver will install and iTunes will recognize iPhone again.

iTunes 12.3 not recognizing devices

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2015 6:50 PM in response to tjfrazer

Found the answer and it is so simple. Connect your iPhone to the computer via usb. Then open control panel, devices and printers. Find the iPhone device and remove it. Then disconnect the iPhone from computer. Reconnect to computer and new driver will install and iTunes will recognize iPhone again.

iTunes 12.3 not recognizing devices

Oct 1, 2015 11:45 AM in response to tjfrazer

Mine is working now. Here's what happened: I had the same problem on my desktop computer, with Windows 10, iTunes didn't recognize any devices. I had synced even more recently than you did with no problem. None of the simple fixes helped, including the re-installation of drivers by unplugging and restarting, and simple uninstall/re-install of iTunes. Today I did a CLEAN uninstall of iTunes and its related components (such Bonjour, Apple Mobile Device Support, etc.). There are detailed instructions on the Apple support website, telling you which programs to uninstall, and which files to delete. Then I went to the iTunes page and re-installed the program. It automatically re-installs the other components as well. That worked!

I have been able to sync to my laptop, which has an earlier version of iTunes 12 (Windows Vista). I was able to sync on my desktop with the first version of iTunes 12 as well. I think either the latest iTunes update, or the one just before it, caused some kind of a conflict.

can't sync iphone with itunes on windows 10 since 8/20/15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.