Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No boot - WIndows does not start - blk screen

Ciao to all.

I'm very worries about a situation started few weeks ago.

3 MacMini ( end 2014 ) 8 GB with traditional Hard Drive with installed Win7 PRO 64 Bit.

All of them worked perfectly for few month then 1 started to show black screen. The mac start but is does not recognize the WIN partition.

I opened a case in Apple and after 3 weeks I'm still waiting an answer.

Today a second one: same problem!

Also trying to re-install the WIN OS the machine show the same black screen with a pen containing the installation or a CD with Win7Pro.

Only 2 times he recognized the WIN7 installation but freeze during install

Did someone experienced something like that?

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 9:08 AM

28 replies

Sep 29, 2015 10:22 AM in response to Roberto Ballabeni

After the initial Win7 installation, have there been

1. Any OSX Updates?

2. Any Windows Driver Updates?

We can pick one Mini and analyze it further. Can you post the output of the following Terminal commands?

diskutil list

diskutil cs list

sudo gpt -vv -r show /dev/disk0

sudo fdisk /dev/disk0

The "sudo" commands will prompt for your password, and it will not be echoed back. You may also see a warning about improper use of "sudo" and potential data loss due to "abuse" of the command.

Sep 30, 2015 3:38 AM in response to Loner T

Ciao Loner

1) NO OSX Updates during the use

2) I do not know but I don't think so.

In the first MacMini I managed there was a CoreStorage volume; I deleted it in order to format the Hard Drive and try a complete new installation of macOSX and then bootcamp.

I installed a NEW 10.10.5 and I started again with the BOOTCAMP procedure BUT, during the restart to load the WIN 7 OS ( file from a pen), the Mac stopped to work as usual.......

MacMini sees the WIN7 disk ( and also a usb stick ) as bootable BUT when it tries do execute it, it stops.

Last but not least: macMini in target mode, loaded as hard drive on my mac ( I have NTFS extension on it ) and repaired as NTFS volume; nothing changed.

I suppose there is something wrong into the firmware......this is my opinion...... because 2 times it started but it freezed during the installation procedure

( for the command you asked me, I need to go to customer's place and I'll post the result later )

Oct 3, 2015 2:30 AM in response to Loner T

Loner I have the MacMini.

An Update: I wanted to try with Genius bar and, as aspected, they did not find any solution.

I noticed one thing: the firmware installed on it IS NOT the one listed into Apple's web site.

This is the one listed: MM71.0220.B03 (2015-001)

In real the installed is .B05

Apple Care told me to use El Capitan because "it contain all WIN drivers"; I tried but, of course, there is NO driver installed and the suggested WinOS is Windows 8 hahahahahahaha

OK; what are your suggestions?

No boot - WIndows does not start - blk screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.