Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes will not sync from Mac to the iPhone.

Oh good grief, here i have sat trying to solve this for 2 hours to absolutely no resolve!

The issue I have come to realise is that when I edit or create notes within the Notes app on my iMac, they are not being pushed to my iPhone. My default account is iCloud on both devices. I have tested to see if this was a global problem by adding something to my Calendar from my iMac and checking it on the iPhone, and it's there, so this problem is exclusive to my iMac Notes app.

Solutions I have tried, after possibly visiting every website describing my issue on the internet:

-signing out of icloud account on the mac

-deleting the icloud account on the mac

-same on the phone (before I realised the issue was with the mac)

-restarting both devices multiple times with both restarts and proper shut downs

-restarting of the notes app over and over on both devices until I feel like I am going to punch a b****

-crying.

Since I have only just noticed, I can't be sure how long they have not been syncing so I'm not sure it has anything to do with the recent iOS update.

Please help 😟

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 8:54 AM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

If you have upgraded the notes application you won't be able to sync until you instal OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), you will have been advised of this in the upgrade process.

3 replies

Notes will not sync from Mac to the iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.