Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone 5s with iOS9 installed and the Wi-Fi calling option is not available under Settings > Phone.

Subject says it all. I am on AT&T.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 8:31 AM

7 replies

Oct 8, 2015 11:39 AM in response to gabefromprinceton

I contacted AT&T about this and they told me they do NOT support the Wi-Fi calling on iPhone 5, 5c, and 5s. I read somewhere else that this is because they are only supporting on their phones that use VoLTE (Voice over LTE). I think this is complete and total ******** since other carriers are supporting it. AT&T has the best coverage in my area and but with this I am really considering jumping ****. It's just unacceptable.

Oct 8, 2015 12:00 PM in response to pdroth

linked from :Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling - Apple Support

Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling

With Wi-Fi Calling, you can place a phone call in an area with little or no cellular coverage. Learn how to make a voice call using Wi-Fi Calling.

User uploaded file

To place a Wi-Fi call, you need an iPhone on one of these carriers:

• Canada: Bell, Rogers
  • Hong Kong: 3, SmarTone
  • United Kingdom: EE, Vodafone
  • United States: AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile

iPhone 5c and later are capable of Wi-Fi Calling. Check with your carrier on which models are supported.

May 7, 2016 11:07 AM in response to mjf36

As for May 7th, 2016, AT&T says this on their WiFi calling page: https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/features/wifi-calling.html

COMPATIBILITY

Devices that support Wi-Fi Calling

We’re proud to offer Wi-Fi Calling on iPhone, the phone that’s absolutely beautiful and simple to use. Enjoy Wi-Fi Calling on these models**:

• iPhone SE

• iPhone 6s

• iPhone 6s Plus

• iPhone 6

• iPhone 6 Plus

**iOS 9.3 must be installed.

May 7, 2016 11:15 AM in response to mjf36

mjf36 wrote:

I contacted AT&T about this and they told me they do NOT support the Wi-Fi calling on iPhone 5, 5c, and 5s. I read somewhere else that this is because they are only supporting on their phones that use VoLTE (Voice over LTE). I think this is complete and total ******** since other carriers are supporting it. AT&T has the best coverage in my area and but with this I am really considering jumping ****. It's just unacceptable.

That's because VoLTE is an integral part of making WiFi calling work on their network. Don't like it? Too bad. Go whine to AT&T about it. It works just fine for anyone with a VoLTE capable device.

You have a 5s. No one ever said it would ever be able to use WiFi calling on AT&T. If you're that upset about it, then cancel your AT&T service and go sign up with a carrier that will give you the features you want on the phone you have... assuming you can actually find one.

I have an iPhone 5s with iOS9 installed and the Wi-Fi calling option is not available under Settings > Phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.