Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp's control panel doesn't work after windows 10 upgrade

Hi everybody...I have a strong dilemma!

I am using a Macbook Pro Retina (early 2013) where 2 years ago I installed windows 7 in a 100 Gb partition...everything was working perfectly.

Yesterday I have updated my widows 7 partition to windows 10...a good choice considering that windows 10 works quickly and efficiently.

No problem with the installation, but I have a big problem with the Boot Camp installed (version 4, build 4326)...It doesn't work. I can't use the trackpad, and manage all the Boot Camp setting because the control panel doesn't work. When I try to open it an error appears communicating that "an error occurs during the attempt to access to the configuration of the access disk - perhaps you don't have the permissions to modify the access disk".

I've tried to download and install other version of the Boot Camp, as different release of the version 5, but a message appears saying "this is not the proper version for this computer"...even the last 6 version (build 6133) report an error during the installation 😠.

I have already tried everything and I am quite desperate 😟...could you help me please!!!???

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), (early 2013)

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 10:35 AM

Re-install the BC drivers appropriate for your specific Mac from Install Windows 7 and earlier on your Mac using Boot Camp - Apple Support with Administrative rights and compatibility set to W7. Another option is to individually click on each device in Device Manager and choose Update Driver, Have Disk and point to the BC drivers downloaded.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2015 10:35 AM in response to FedM

Re-install the BC drivers appropriate for your specific Mac from Install Windows 7 and earlier on your Mac using Boot Camp - Apple Support with Administrative rights and compatibility set to W7. Another option is to individually click on each device in Device Manager and choose Update Driver, Have Disk and point to the BC drivers downloaded.

Sep 29, 2015 11:14 AM in response to Loner T

One question!

I have downloaded the appropriate drivers and and windows 10 run this installation, but it stopped advising that I need to install this drivers on windows 7.

I really need to come back to windows 7, install this newer driver version and later install windows 10 to solve the problem?

Thanks!

Sep 30, 2015 12:15 AM in response to Loner T

Hi Loner T,

I solved my problem! I have done this:

1) I went back to windows 7 with the appropriate procedure for windows 10.

2) I install the proper support software for Boot Camp according to my MBPR on windows 7 for this page .

3) I upgrade my windows OS to windows 10.

After this everything are working well and I succeed to update the bootcamp using the Apple Software Update on windows 10 obtaining the version 6.0 of Boot Camp assistant.

So...thank you for your advices that inspired me! 😁

See you

Boot Camp's control panel doesn't work after windows 10 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.