Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 2 - Stylus problems... still ongoing!!

Hi Peeps

I'm quite frustrated in the fact that I have an Adonit Jot Touch with Pixelpoint which worked perfectly well with my iPad Mini (1st Gen) and all of my drawing apps.

After the iPad Air 3 didn't appear at the last keynote I decided I couldn't afford an iPad Pro so reluctantly decided to upgrade to an iPad Air 2. I really didn't like the idea of buying a product that is already almost a year old but there was not telling how long before Apple update the iPad Air again. My Mini was starting to become slow with some apps so I had to take the plunge.

The issue now is that my Jot Touch does not work properly with the iPad Air 2. When drawing, gaps appear in lines that you are drawing and the stylus is just not responsive at all. Luckily I am able to return it and get a full refund which is great, but now all of the drawing apps I paid for are effectively useless to me without a stylus.

I have read that Adonit and other stylus manufacturers have apparently been working on this compatibility issue with the iPad Air 2 since its release but are Apple doing anything to help them? They obviously caught the likes of Adonit on the hop with the new screen tech that went into the Air 2, but it's a massive failing on both sides to have users who can't use their apps or their stylus. There must be something that can be done about this!!

Any fresh info on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

CC

iPad Air, iOS 9.0.1, iPad Air 2

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 11:15 PM

getting an Air 2 is probably the worst thing you could do if you want to use adonit stylus.

I upgraded from iPad 3 to Air 2 last year and since then I had to abandon my adonit stylus completely. It's not reliable and frustrating most of the time.

I suggest you return the iPad and get iPad pro.

4 replies

iPad Air 2 - Stylus problems... still ongoing!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.