Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered Error

Is there anything i can do other than wait for an new driver to be released? Is there a beta driver that I can try to see if it fixes the problem?

I just found a slightly newer driver at the intel site that is newer than the one that you get when you check for a new driver in the graphics pane in windows 10-64

64bit - win64_15407.4279.exe

but the problem remains exactly the same as before 3 restarts of the driver and then the driver is locked out

The take from other support websites puts the blame squarely on the Iris driver so I asked at the Intel Iris support forum if there was a Beta version that can fix this problem that is available to test yet. the sense I get there is that I have to get what I need from a bootcamp update from Apple

How do I revert to the driver in bootcamp to see if it will fix the problem?

in the same way... Should I try the driver from Microsoft that comes with Win 10-64 if so how do I force its use rather than the intel 4279 driver

This is an Apple MacMini 7,1 Computer To the highest spec currently offered by Apple

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac mini

Model Identifier: Macmini7,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 3 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: MM71.0220.B03

SMC Version (system): 2.24f32

Intel Iris:

Chipset Model: Intel Iris

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x0a2e

Revision ID: 0x0009

Displays:

LED Cinema Display:

Display Type: LCD

Resolution: 1920 x 1200

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Display Serial Number: 2A92311M0K0

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Connection Type: DisplayPort

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Display driver Intel HD Graphics Drivers

for Windows 8(R) stopped responding

and has successfully recovered

The above Msg is seen three times and it looks like this

this warning popup( with the Yellow X in a circle at the left top of the pop up) in the lower right corner blanks and reappears Three times and is replaced by another popup of the same sort in the same place

Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware

Application swtor.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware

At which point the game is frozen and must be quit from the task bar.

------------------

System Information from DxDiag.exe

------------------

Time of this report: 9/29/2015, 12:28:18

Machine name: MINI-PC

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1.150819-1946)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.

System Model: Macmini7,1

BIOS: MM71.88Z.0220.B03.1506051117

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4578U CPU @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16260MB RAM

Page File: 3838MB used, 15365MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: 12

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

DxDiag Version: 10.00.10240.16384 64bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 5100

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics Family

DAC type: Internal

Device Type: Full Device

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A2E&SUBSYS_0141106B&REV_09

Display Memory: 8242 MB

Dedicated Memory: 112 MB

Shared Memory: 8130 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (59Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: LED Cinema

Monitor Id: APP9236

Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (59.950Hz)

Output Type: Displayport External

Driver Name: igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd 12umd64.dll,igdumdim32,igd10iumd32,igd10iumd32,igd 12umd32

Driver File Version: 10.18.0015.4279 (English)

Driver Version: 10.18.15.4279

DDI Version: 12

Feature Levels: 11.1,11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1

Driver Model: WDDM 2.0

Graphics Preemption: Primitive

Compute Preemption: Thread group

Miracast: Supported

Hybrid Graphics GPU: Integrated

Power P-states: Not Supported

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 8/24/2015 13:38:24, 35975320 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp:

Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-496E-11CF-6C63-4E21B4C2C735}

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Device ID: 0x0A2E

SubSys ID: 0x0141106B

Revision ID: 0x0009

Driver Strong Name: oem76.inf:5f63e534a8278551:iHSWM_w10:10.18.15.4279 User uploaded fileci\ven_8086&dev_0a2e

Rank Of Driver: 00D12001

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeWMV9_C ModeVC1_C

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 3ghz i7 1 Tera SSD

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 2:12 PM

Are you on W10? If yes, use OSX BCA and download the BC6 drivers package. Run setup.exe and let it Repair drivers. Be aware that it will repair other drivers as well.

44 replies

Sep 29, 2015 2:12 PM in response to Loner T

Yes on win 10 64 per the third line in the DxDiag excerp I posted in my firs msg to see which release I am running

OK I got a fresh copy of BC6 created the thumb drive again and rebooted into Windows 10

i opneed the folder intellVBGraphics64 and ran the setup in it

When I Did that and it replaced the graphics driver 4279

with 3345 as well as the replacing sound driver files with older versions.

that is a long way back I was hoping that Apple would have updated the bootcamp driver set

for my Mac mini with OS X 10.11.x shipping in a few hours

BBut it has let things run I will report back after trying some graphics intensive games.

thanks for the pointer

Sep 30, 2015 5:07 AM in response to Loner T

IT seems that the Windows 10 update process from Win 8.1 changed the intell iris driver from the the 3xxx one that Apple provided to a 4xxx series from intell.and that this is at the root of the problem... It is still not right as the apple.Provided 3345 as other problems with Win 10-60 home such as causing bsod with some older software that works just fine with 4279 but reverting to 3345 solves the the problem in the title of this threat.

i Hope that the bootcamp assistant created thumb drive for this hardware will be updated to be fully compatible with Windows 10 now that OS X El Capitan is released to day I tried to update this Mac mini with the gold master version last night and the install hung at the seconded restart with the bar about 90% done so I guess I will have to use the emergency partition to revert to OS X 10.10.5 and try again. Using disk tools on that partition to repair the SSD drive had no effect so for the moment win 10-64 is the only working system on this computer

THanks for your help Lone

Sep 30, 2015 5:40 AM in response to Loner T

i Hope that the bootcamp assistant created thumb drive for this hardware will be updated to be fully compatible with Windows 10 now that OS X El Capitan is released today. I tried to update this Mac mini with the gold master version last night and the install hung at the seconded restart with the bar about 90% done so I guess I will have to use the emergency partition to revert to OS X 10.10.5 and try again. Using disk tools on that partition to repair the SSD drive had no effect so for the moment win 10-64 is the only working system on this computer

Thanks again for your help Lone.

when the ElC support forum opens later today i expect it will be quite crowded and full of comments about the major changes to things like disk tools which are so important to these forums. i read that the release today is little changed from the 10.11.1 Gold Master so i thought i would get a bit ahead of the crowd and i attempted the instal last night as the GM has been fine on my late 2014 5K 27" iMac but as outlined above it did not work out...

All that said I quite like some of the improvements in ELC but i agree with you about the issues we have had with 10.10 my serious work i do on an ancient Mac Pro version 1.1 which is forever locked to OS X 10.7.5 due to its motherboard but it is a rock solid platform for my photo manipulation work.

Oct 8, 2015 8:58 PM in response to Windshadow99

Hi! Sorry for the bother, but I'm having the exact same problem on my macbook pro and I was wondering if you could describe what it is that you did in more detail. I'm mostly computer literate, but don't really have a lot of experience or knowledge about drivers.

The solution post says

use OSX BCA and download the BC6 drivers package. Run setup.exe and let it Repair drivers

How exactly do I use OSX BCA to download the drivers package? When I open BCA the only option appears to be to restore my drive.

Also, I was wondering if you could clarify your post, which says:

I got a fresh copy of BC6 created the thumb drive again and rebooted into Windows 10

i opneed the folder intellVBGraphics64 and ran the setup in it

When I Did that and it replaced the graphics driver 4279

with 3345 as well as the replacing sound driver files with older versions.

Just a couple questions:

- What do you mean by a fresh copy of BC6 (the bootcamp I used was already installed on my computer)?

- What do you mean by "created the thumb drive"? My installation didn't actually involve any thumb drives.

Sorry for the naive question--you seem to be the only person on earth with the answer and I'm desperate! Would really appreciate your help.

Oct 8, 2015 9:45 PM in response to cageysea

I Will give it a try.

the problem for me was caused by the way Microsoft went about updating the OS on the bootcamp partition on my Mac mini

from windows 8.1 to Windows 10. The instaled special Intel iris driver from Apple was replaced by this update with a generic iris driver which while newer did not have the mods from Apple... i then made it worse by trying even newer intell iris graphic drivers direct from intell... We have to revert to those special drivers from Apple

the bootcamp was created with win 8.1 and the thumb drive you create as a part of the process by creating it with BCA

( you just select the check box for Blot Camp Assistant to "download the latest Windows support software from Apple" and be sure the other two boxes are unchecked ) this puts the specially modified driver files that Apple has created for in my case the most recent version of the Mac mini on the thumb drive.

now go back to running Windows in your bootcamp partition. Put the thumb drive in and open it in file explorer you will see see a setup.exe for the graphics and sound drivers run that and it will replace the newer generic intell iris driver with the special modified by Apple driver and this for me fixed the problem.

i Do hope this was a bit of help for your problem

cheers and enjoy the weekend

WIndy

Oct 8, 2015 9:53 PM in response to cageysea

I Used boot cam assistant 6.0.0 (519) I don't know if that will make any difference

I think you have to run BCA on the same computer that you will be creating the boot camp partition as the files that are put on the thumb drive are specific to the hardware that it is run on. In other words the thumb drive on a Mac mini with an intergrated intell iris graphics using shared ram will have some of its files different from a thumb drive created on say a 27" 5K IMac with an Amd Radion 4 gig of ram graphics card

Oct 9, 2015 10:14 AM in response to cageysea

cageysea wrote:

Okay, I downloaded Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5621 and unzipped it, but was unable to find the intelVBGraphics64 folder.

I feel like I'm so close. I just need a little nudge forward.

This version is incorrect for Windows 10. You can run BC Assistant and click only on Download Software Option. Ignore highlighted file name. This was downloaded using BC Assistant 5.1.4 on Mavericks. The version is

<ProductManufacturer>Apple Inc.</ProductManufacturer>

<ProductVersion>6.0.6133</ProductVersion>

<ProductCode>{FCFFE6B6-BAE8-490E-88D0-097A9DA1C43D}</ProductCode>

User uploaded file

Oct 9, 2015 1:42 PM in response to Loner T

Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it!

So my problem is that I'm having trouble getting to the point where I see "download the latest Windows support software from Apple". When I click on Boot camp assistant, the only thing I see is it asking me if I want to restore. I guess that's because El Capitan on my new mac doesn't require a thumb drive to do boot camp. I cant find it online anywhere. Any suggestions?

Oct 9, 2015 2:56 PM in response to cageysea

cageysea wrote:

Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it!

So my problem is that I'm having trouble getting to the point where I see "download the latest Windows support software from Apple". When I click on Boot camp assistant, the only thing I see is it asking me if I want to restore.

Can you post a screen shot? After I click on Continue on the first screen, I see three options on my Mac (2012 13-in MBP). What year/model is your Mac?

User uploaded file

Oct 9, 2015 4:32 PM in response to Loner T

So what I get is

Upon opening BCA: http://puu.sh/kExCz/5c0cab068f.png

And upon clicking continue: http://puu.sh/kExCV/17891039e6.png

But it just occurred to me that I may be able to use a different, much older mac and try to download it using that one!

So once I've downloaded the file, I'm supposed to go to Bootcamp/Drivers/Apple/BCDriverMerge.exe?

Thanks so much for all of your help! I'm very grateful. 😀

Oct 9, 2015 5:42 PM in response to Loner T

As mentioned in my earlier post, ignore the highlighted file

Whoops, sorry, don't know how I missed that. What file should I be looking for then? The one called "intellVBGraphics64" mentioned by Windshadow?

I did start and abort a windows installation before installing this one in fact (because it was taking so long I thought it must be frozen), but I had assumed it had been overwritten. Do you think reinstalling would fix anything?

Thanks for your help!

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.