Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to move a post from one forum to another

I posted a problem that should have been in the Yosemite community but it ended up in the Snow Leopard community. How do I move it?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 12:46 PM

I assume you are talking about this thread? Time Machine Unable to complete backup. An error occurred while creating the backup folder.

I asked the moderators to move it to the Yosemite community for you. Level 2 and higher users can report posts.

13 replies

Sep 30, 2015 2:50 AM in response to stevejobsfan0123

IPhone5 could not be restored because the firmware file was corrupted

I have a problem when I lost my phone and hope that you will help me I decided to try myself You download LinkiPhone5,2_9.0_13A344_Restore

Now when you open the phone can not find only four pages .. welcoming message language selection .. .. wireless network and then determine who is about the same the Tamil re-adjustment of the canceled

Derek:

Sep 30, 2015 9:57 AM in response to stevejobsfan0123

Question for stevejobsfan, I have just stared helping people on Apple's support community and was wondering how to link or point someone to another support discussion. For example, if I find the solution to someone's problem by using a response from another discussion, how can I properly give that person credit? How can I link the answer I found so it will go directly to said answer instead of the entire thread?

Thanks in advanced

Sep 30, 2015 11:05 AM in response to stevejobsfan0123

When I went to getting support through you not getting any result ... I waited for a reply from you and when Despaired I went to look Google and found some solutions, although it is not guaranteed, but represent a response to the request for support and when my attempt failed promised again your support, but did not differ much from the first time ... behold, I see your product to a dead body .... Yes protection system has evolved, but I went to break it all to you you fail in my support

Sep 30, 2015 11:19 AM in response to Fifa salih

Fifa salih, this post is about moving items from one forum to another.

If you would like help with your iPhone, do as Kilgore-Trout recommends and create a new post with your concern. This is not a post about iPhones. You need to make a new post under the correct product. Different issues require different discussions and the people in one discussion may not have the knowledge to help you with another product.

Also, not everyone on this support site has worked or does work for Apple. Most people on this site are just good Samaritans trying to help each other out. This site is free support from some pretty knowledgable people but does not necessarily have all the answers. If you want direct support from Apple you should call AppleCare using the appropriate number in this article:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

Sep 30, 2015 11:30 AM in response to Fifa salih

Fifa salih wrote:

When I went to getting support through you not getting any result ... I waited for a reply from you and when Despaired I went to look Google and found some solutions, although it is not guaranteed, but represent a response to the request for support and when my attempt failed promised again your support, but did not differ much from the first time ... behold, I see your product to a dead body .... Yes protection system has evolved, but I went to break it all to you you fail in my support

You seem to assume that you are talking to Apple employees here. We are not. These forums are user to user only - we volunteer our time to help other users. So I do not know how we failed. If you want to contact Apple, start at this page:

https://www.apple.com/support/

(do not choose the discussions forums if you want to contact Apple).

Sep 30, 2015 3:50 PM in response to Fifa salih

Your problem, hardware or software, is not the same as that of the original poster of this thread, and it can be very confusing for everybody if we try to answer more than one question in each thread, which can also result in you applying the wrong advice to your particular problem.

In order for us to give your problem our proper attention to try to solve it, would you kindly start your own thread, describing the trouble you are having in the fullest detail, including completing your details to show what Mac or iDevice you are using, what operating system, and what version of the application in question. Please remember to post in the forum relevant to your hardware or version of OS X. A full list of all the support forums is here:

http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

How to move a post from one forum to another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.