Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone app freezes

[Sorry, my mistake - it is "Using iPhone" community with "Apps" and "Phone and messaging" category]

Hi!

I've got problem with Phone Application on my iPhone 6 Plus.

When i tap on my Phone.app it just freezes on number pad:

User uploaded file

...and nothing.

I can't even dial a phone number on my PHONE.

It starts on iOS 9.0 and will continued on iOS 9.0.1. When i restore my iPhone to new iOS 9.0.1 and problem is not disappear.

And my final act - go to iOS 9.1 Buplic Beta.

The same thing 😟

and i can receive phone calls, can cancel it, but can't tap on my Favorites, Recent , Contacts and other buttons on my Phone Application.

Can you help me, guys?

iPhone 6 Plus 64 Gb iOS 9.1 Public beta 1

p.s. the Contacts Application works fine.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.1, and iOS 9.1 Public beta 1

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 2:02 PM

5 replies

Oct 13, 2015 1:08 PM in response to rhlchkrbrty

yeah. Problem with this application in backup files in iCloud or computer. They are broken.

Only one way to solve this problem:

1) Backup your phone (iCloud or Computer). Don't forget about photos. I had to buy 50Gb storage in iCloud for one month and backup my Photo Library (in my way it was easier).

1.1 ) Unpair Apple Watch (if you have it)

2) Make a screenshot or remember all of your applications and they location in folders.

3) Restore your iPhone.

4) Press "Set up as New iPhone"

5) in Settings sign in in your iCloud.

Your Calendar, Notes, Find Friends, Reminders, Contacts, Mail, Safari, Wallet, Keychain will download information from iCloud automatically. If you use "iCloud Photo Library with option "Download and Keep Originals "" photos will download automatically too. If you using Computer backup - you need to sync your photos. And you need to download all of your application once again. And create folders too. Of course, you can go to App Store - Updated - Purchased and download there.

P. S. You lose your SMS History, iMessage History, Phone Call History, Alarm, World Clock, Health information.

Have a nice day 🙂

Oct 27, 2015 1:54 PM in response to chesotka

Same problem on Iphone 5 !

With ios 8.xx no problem.

First time encountered with ios 9.0.....until 9.1.

I don't want to loose my sms and iMessage history....

I found a temporary solution for the problem

settings->general->Reset->"Reset All Settings"

This will work for a random time (few days or week)....

then the Phone App Freezing problem will come back again...

I hope in a solution by Apple.

Could a bug compromise your personal data and your sms's history?!?!

For now it seems yes

Sad. :-(

Stefano.

Nov 1, 2015 9:52 AM in response to nefaStocuDa

I found the reset settings fix to work for some time depending on the number of settings that you change after the reset. This is definitely an IOS issue since it occurred on both my iphones (1-AT&T, !-Verizon) shortly after the upgrade to IOS 9.01 and 9.1. Avoid changing the wallpaper. I have an appointment to Genius Bar on Wed 11/4 and will speak to an Expert on the matter.

Phone app freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.