Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal question

I was wondering if you could subscribe to a calendar in iCloud.

Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 1:37 PM

7 replies

Sep 30, 2015 11:35 AM in response to tjsimm01

I am having problems linking all of my calendars with the same info. I have tried to link using iCloud calendar and this is what I get (see first picture. Then I tried to go back to my desktop calendar and I get the second picture. But my iphone and ipad now show nothing. I can link to the icloud and I get the top picture. I can handle the linking to the iCloud information but I would like to link to some regularly updated calendars like athletics or humorous days of the week. If you look closely my desktop picture has several synced calendars on it. I guess I'm trying to figure out how to get every thing synced and showing the same information.One other problems that I had before I started all of this was that I had multiple calendars that were the same name but I could not delete them. So as you can see I am really having problems with iCal. Tom User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Oct 1, 2015 11:17 AM in response to tjsimm01

Tom,

Your fist screen shot shows the iCloud calendars which exist on iCloud.com.

Before you do anything, please backup your Calendars.

iCloud will not sync any calendars which are listed under "On My Mac."

Only calendars that are listed under "iCloud" will be synced across compatible devices. Your second screen shot shows that you only have "On My Mac," and "Others" listed for your calendar sources. You need to have "iCloud" listed as a calendar source in order for the data to be shared between devices.

I do not believe that you really have an iCloud account which is syncing with your Calendar Application. All of the calendars listed in "Other" appear to me to be subscribed calendars.

What Calendar Accounts do you have listed in Calendar>Preferences...>Accounts?

Use the OS X link in Get help using iCloud Calendar - Apple Support for a review of setting up/troubleshooting iCloud Calendar.

User uploaded file

Oct 2, 2015 11:01 AM in response to tjsimm01

TJ,

As I said in my first post, "It's a complicated answer..." Only you know what calendar data is important, and only you know the details of all of your installed software. That is why it is important to review System requirements for iCloud - Apple Support. Duplication of data should not happen if all of your calendars reside on iCloud. Think of it this way, iCloud contains the only data which will sync across all capable devices. If you are using any calendars which include, "On My Mac," "On My iPad," or "On My iPhone" they will not sync across devices. Any data contained in those calendars listed under their respective "Calendars" button will be potential candidates for displaying duplicate information, unless you only have iCloud Calendars.

Simply stated, (with proper backups) you can move all of your move all of your calendars to iCloud, and after successful migration, delete all of the calendars listed under the sources of "On My Mac," "On My iPad," or "On My iPhone."

Perhaps Transferring "On my Mac" calendars to "iCloud" may clarify the possibilities.

User uploaded file

iCal question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.